There would be no Derby County without Peter Taylor - Full Stop !

PearTree Ram

O.K so some might consider the thread title to be a little far fetched.

But try reading this article first, by Anton Rippon. Written about the 1982 season in which Peter Taylor came out of retirement to breathe new life into our club and possibly in the process save it from complete annihilation and bankruptcy.

[url=http://bygonederbyshire.co.uk/articles/Derby_County:_Peter_Taylor's_great_escape]http://bygonederbyshire.co.uk/articles/Der...'s_great_escape

He came back and saved us !

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too busy to be looking at teletext though, how can you represent us fans regarding statues, petitions, etc, but never watch the Rams?

Maybe a bit harsh, but I do find it strange.

Will you ever see the statue of Clough and Taylor on a match day?

Originally posted by Boyciniho;11273

No too busy to be looking at teletext though, how can you represent us fans regarding statues, petitions, etc, but never watch the Rams?

Maybe a bit harsh, but I do find it strange.

Will you ever see the statue of Clough and Taylor on a match day?

I represent no one but myself. We all support Derby County and i am happy with that.

Originally posted by Boyciniho;11276

Ah! so the Clough Taylor Statue was your idea alone was it?

What are you on about, what i meant it as was that i represent myself in terms of whether i want to see matches or not...not all that business....

If you want to see every game, then do so, if i choose not to then that's my own choice, i don't tell you what to do.

No but you ram all your Clough info on us like we should be bowing down and worshipping him every minute of the day.

You choose not to watch your team at PP, why are you bothered about a statue at a ground that you never go to?

Originally posted by Boyciniho;11279

No but you ram all your Clough info on us like we should be bowing down and worshipping him every minute of the day.

You choose not to watch your team at PP, why are you bothered about a statue at a ground that you never go to?

Because i choose to do it that way. I'll go to PP when i choose to and when i want to.

Things are hotting up here!

Whoever came up with the idea wouldnt matter to me because its what most people want. I know i sure hate to miss watching Derby and havnt for a while now home or away, the radio is just not enough with there poxy commentating! or the unreliability of SSN and the goals that never happen.

Archived