nice away grounds to vist next season

B4ev6is

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People around Derby haven't had the best of luck in recent years.. There was a season when Crewe, Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Forest, Leicester, Coventry, Stoke, Wolves, BHam, West Brom, Barnsley, Leeds were all in the same division.. All within an hours drive.

Now it's full of trips to Swansea, Cardiff, Hull, Norwich, Ipswich, Brighton, Bristol City, Millwall, Palace, Boro etc. Which when on a weeknight or during winter only attracts around 300-500 away fans. Next years attendance figures (away) could be one of the worst in our recent history especially if Blackpool and Blackburn/Wigan come down as the majority of our 'locals' are all playing in different leagues..

Our away support anywhere further than an hour away is generally dire numbers wise.

Being born near Brighton and them having a new stadium it's a must for me.

As for the reserves, think it was costing to much money to have them at PP

Also the cost of running the Floodlights for the non-league grounds is why its a 2pm kick off

But it may not be at Belper next season, they are doing a tour of Derbyshire, maybe Ilkeston? Mickleover?

http://www.football.co.uk/derby_county/rams_reserves_move_to_belper_rss1125834.shtml

Are they still going? I thought they had folded

They had folded, but they came back with a new name and I think just turned the youth team into the first team. They've got the same manager back on board, think they've signed on alot of free agents etc.

They're still going, but in what league now i'm not sure.

They had folded, but they came back with a new name and I think just turned the youth team into the first team. They've got the same manager back on board, think they've signed on alot of free agents etc.

They're still going, but in what league now i'm not sure.

I think it is 1 or 2 below that they were in and they are just called Ilkeston FC now.

What I heard anyway.

SillyBilly

We are long, long overdue Blackpool on a Saturday - I want a booze up!!

Haven't we played most Lancashire clubs midweek for away games in the last season or two?

I think it is 1 or 2 below that they were in and they are just called Ilkeston FC now.

What I heard anyway.

Depends who else folds and applies to play in certain league, could be more than one or two. East midlands county league is a possibility.

Happy for the manager, Kevin Wilson, great guy I spoke to him a couple of times at Hucknall games, (ex manager and chairmans friend)

Really? I've been to Plymouth a couple of times and sure we've taken 2,000. Seem to do well for the London games too.

I was there a couple of seasons back and it wasnt too bad numbers wise, 800+ i think it was.

I meant more in recent seasons, 450 at Ipswich, 350 at Boro, less than a 1000 at Coventry, less than a 1000 at Palace.

If you look on the official site and compare away numbers, Barnsley took more to us than we did to them, embarassing numbers for a club with our home support.

Archived