Leacock on His way?

Sheep<3

for those of you who don't have facebook, dean leacock just posted on facebook

"I ain't no saint but I'm honest. The truth always comes out. For u derby fan will always love u lot. Thanks for everything u ain't seen the best of me in past couple of years. But you've been brill." when ppl questioned him he said "these past two seasons have been hard & i don't know whats going to happen, but i always have plenty of time for derby"

what do you think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he was very, very close to being a premiership player. Physically he has the lot, he's big, powerful with a decent touch and can actually play the ball out turning defence into attack.

Don't know if its the injuries and/or concentration that has stopped him being a top player.

If he goes, fair dos and good luck to him.

for those of you who don't have facebook, dean leacock just posted on facebook

"I ain't no saint but I'm honest. The truth always comes out. For u derby fan will always love u lot. Thanks for everything u ain't seen the best of me in past couple of years. But you've been brill." when ppl questioned him he said "these past two seasons have been hard & i don't know whats going to happen, but i always have plenty of time for derby"

what do you think?

He's fallen out with Clough - they had a big row after the Boro game. Clough went mental, completely lost it and raged at Leacock. Like Bywater, Hulse, Porter, Martin, Croft and many others his face no longer fits in with the Clough clique.

He's fallen out with Clough - they had a big row after the Boro game. Clough went mental, completely lost it and raged at Leacock. Like Bywater, Hulse, Porter, Martin, Croft and many others his face no longer fits in with the Clough clique.

The Clough clique eh?

Bywater: bad attitude, you can see that from all the snide little comments he's been posting about Derby on his Twitter page

Hulse: we got a good deal for IMO, he's coming to the end of his career, not like he's setting the world alight at QPR is it?

Porter: spent pretty much his whole career with us injured, stupid bring him into this

Martin: sometimes a player just doesn't work, not sure on this one though, may have fallen out with Clough, who knows?

Croft: fat and useless.

The Clough clique eh?

Bywater: bad attitude, you can see that from all the snide little comments he's been posting about Derby on his Twitter page

Hulse: we got a good deal for IMO, he's coming to the end of his career, not like he's setting the world alight at QPR is it?

Porter: spent pretty much his whole career with us injured, stupid bring him into this

Martin: sometimes a player just doesn't work, not sure on this one though, may have fallen out with Clough, who knows?

Croft: fat and useless.

I wasn't making any judgements of whether they should have been sold or kept in the team or are good players or bad players, i was simply saying Clough has fallen out with Leacock and has had disputes with the other players, which has led to them being persona non grata.

But if you have that many players who have fallen out with the manager it does make you question what the common denominator is?

I don't think Croft is fat, neather was Commons. Stocky I would say.

I'm not fat either. I've got the ideal weight height ratio.

I'm 15ft tall.

He looks like he's carrying at least a stone too much weight, if he was a foot taller and a centre back, I might let him off.

I think it all boils down to one factor.

If Mr Clough says, "play it simple" or "take it to the corner" or "beat the man and cross it in" and you don't follow instructions, eventually Mr Clough will lose patients.

Simples.

I wasn't making any judgements of whether they should have been sold or kept in the team or are good players or bad players, i was simply saying Clough has fallen out with Leacock and has had disputes with the other players, which has led to them being persona non grata.

But if you have that many players who have fallen out with the manager it does make you question what the common denominator is?

The one worry for me would be that Clough brought in Martin and Croft then didn't seem to give them a chance, but I suppose this could be due to attitude or effort in training?

If he was carrying a stone too much weight, he'd be fined.

Do we know he hasn't been? Doubt the club would publicise this if they didn't have to, DET pretty much only prints what the club wants them to, so I don't think we'd necessarily know. If we're looking to get rid, it's not the sort of publicity we want is it?

The one worry for me would be that Clough brought in Martin and Croft then didn't seem to give them a chance, but I suppose this could be due to attitude or effort in training?

Then there is Commons, Moxey, Kuqi and Cwyka who have all had problems with Clough - they can't all have a bad attitude or be poor trainers, can they?

Archived