Captain

vicky-27

Who should be captain next season ?

Personally i don't see that Connolly has done a good job, i never see him say anything on the pitch, Sav would be a perfect captain he always guide's the lads on the pitch, looks after the younger ones and encourages them all when there heads go down - but alas he doesn't want the job - I think Bywater would make a great captain - he has a big mouth

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we still have the club captain and team captain crap?

Savage would be the obvious choice but I'd say next season would probably be his last in a Derby shirt, would it not be better to give it someone like Green?

To be fair I think we should wait and see who we sign in the summer before we hand out the captains armband. I've always thought a captain should be a central defender or central midfielder, someone whos in the thick of the action.

The captain should be there motivating the players and encouraging them on when heads start to drop, when you watch Gerrard or Terry they are for ever trying to get the team hyped up. At the moment Savage is the only player at the club that could fill that role, we need a natural leader at the back in the centre of defence or midfield. I doubt Gerrard or Terry would be interested in joining us so we may have to look for a more cheaper option.

Archived