German Efficiancy???

derbydan

A 'superfit' German pensioner who went into hospital to have his gallstones removed was castrated after becoming the victim of a 'colossal blunder'.

Andreas Hoffmann, 68, was still lifting weights and going to the gym three times a week when his doctor in the east German city of Halle discovered that he needed the operation.

'The doctors got rid of some lumps right enough,' said Mr Hoffmann. 'Only they were two that I had grown rather fond of and wanted to retain.'

The blunder happened five years ago and the misconduct case has just reached the Higher State Court in the state of Saxony-Anhalt.

Mr Hoffmann, who is claiming £100,000 in compensation, said: 'I was at over 60 very sexually active and extremely fit. I always took care of myself.'

He said his doctor told him the operation was 'absolutely routine. But it turned into a fiasco.'

He was placed in an artificial coma after the operation due to complications which meant he was dead to the world for two months.

Mr Hoffmann said: 'When I woke up I felt myself down there and couldn't find my right testicle. I thought it had gone up into my belly.

'I asked the doctor what had happened. He said; 'We had to get rid of it.' 'Why?' I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.'

As Andreas lay there contemplating his loss he was told he would have to go under the anaesthetic again for the left testicle to be examined.

'But instead of an examination they removed the entire thing and I never felt that again either,' he claimed. 'They ruined my life.'

The hospital admitted that the right testicle was removed because the first incision on the gallstone operation had gone too deep and cut through vital tissue.

It has not yet offered up an explanation about why the second one went the way of the first.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 'superfit' German pensioner who went into hospital to have his gallstones removed was castrated after becoming the victim of a 'colossal blunder'.

Andreas Hoffmann, 68, was still lifting weights and going to the gym three times a week when his doctor in the east German city of Halle discovered that he needed the operation.

'The doctors got rid of some lumps right enough,' said Mr Hoffmann. 'Only they were two that I had grown rather fond of and wanted to retain.'

The blunder happened five years ago and the misconduct case has just reached the Higher State Court in the state of Saxony-Anhalt.

Mr Hoffmann, who is claiming £100,000 in compensation, said: 'I was at over 60 very sexually active and extremely fit. I always took care of myself.'

He said his doctor told him the operation was 'absolutely routine. But it turned into a fiasco.'

He was placed in an artificial coma after the operation due to complications which meant he was dead to the world for two months.

Mr Hoffmann said: 'When I woke up I felt myself down there and couldn't find my right testicle. I thought it had gone up into my belly.

'I asked the doctor what had happened. He said; 'We had to get rid of it.' 'Why?' I asked. He shrugged his shoulders.'

As Andreas lay there contemplating his loss he was told he would have to go under the anaesthetic again for the left testicle to be examined.

'But instead of an examination they removed the entire thing and I never felt that again either,' he claimed. 'They ruined my life.'

The hospital admitted that the right testicle was removed because the first incision on the gallstone operation had gone too deep and cut through vital tissue.

It has not yet offered up an explanation about why the second one went the way of the first.

50k per dropped *******:D

Hahaha, Christ! If someone chopped off my two veg, I'd want more than a hundred grand.

Archived