Boxing - DeGale v Groves

Obi1Kenobi0

James DeGale will take on bitter rival George Groves in a unification fight at the O2 Arena on May 21.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6818264,00.html

Linky above with vid of them both verbally sparring. Having seen a few of their fights this really reminds me of the needle that Benn/Eubank created. Different styles and personality. DeGale is a cocky, arrogant SOAB but has immense talent. I think he really embarresses himself in the clip, too much wannabe gangster. Groves I quite like, very straightforward character. I really hope he puts DeGale on his arse as until he learns some humility and keeps the ego for the ring.

Prediction - Really close to call, Groves has the knockout power but DeGale has the smooth combos. I want Groves to win, so Groves TKO in the later rounds.

Thoughts/predictions??

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not followed boxing closely since it disappeared off terriestial tv tbh, but this pair look like they have a bit of real needle between them.

Normally its just publicity bs trying to big the fight up but there's defo a bit of history between them. Should be worth watching.

• 1 month later...

Not a great spetacle but so glad Groves shut Degales big fat mouth. Warren in the post fight interview said he hopes some of the back slappers disappear and now they can get on with some real work. His ego lost him that fight and Groves had his tactics spot on.

Archived