Road rider

Whoneedshuls

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey folks thinking of going to first long distance away match when we play palace and Norwich and was wondering if any off you knew how long before kickoff do the roadrider coaches get you to the game and do they park right outside the away ground?

Thanks in advance

when i went barnsley it parked in the stadiums car park, if that helps ?

Hey folks thinking of going to first long distance away match when we play palace and Norwich and was wondering if any off you knew how long before kickoff do the roadrider coaches get you to the game and do they park right outside the away ground?

Thanks in advance

The coach normally departs from Pride Park and gets to the destinated ground for about 1:30pm-2:00pm and normally parks right outside the ground. In my opinion its the easiest way of transport to away games.

Or as an alternative, find your local supporters branch.

http://www.ramsfans.co.uk/Branches.htm

I go on the Alfreton branch bus, I believe it's better than the RoadRider as instead of going to Pride Park to get on it does local bus stop pick ups/drop offs and our bus is always cheaper than the RoadRider anyway by at least £3/4, on others the price may be similar but you don't have to pay to get to Pride Park...

Norwich is about a 5 hour run down with Palace being around a 3 hour excluding stops etc. The buses (RoadRider aswell) try to get there at least an hour before kick off. 95% they all park outside the ground. If they can't park outside the Police usually allow them to stop for 5/10 minutes outside the ground to allow people off, the bus will go park elsewhere before being outside the gorund again at full time.

From previous experience, at Palace they are packed outside the away stand and at Norwich there is a 5 minute walk down a road.

Hope I help. :)

Ernie Hallam barred me off The Roadriders for taking home made wine (including glasses) many years ago! LOL :)

I always remember on The Roadrider going to a game at Stoke in the late 70's the bus turned a corner and all my glasses fell off the luggage rack. Ernie went mental!

Later years I was at a service station and saw him having a piss he could hardly stand up, worst pissed than me - said how come he barred me - said he couldn't remeber as he was pissed :rolleyes:

Archived