Income/Expenditure

ras

I have heard many times on these forums that people say with our crowds we should have a much more generous transfer kitty than others. Yet other posters say ticket sales dont really generate much cash at all.

So... what income does DCFC actually get per year, and from what sources? Telly, sponsors, tickets? Anyone get a relatively accurate breakdown of figures what money comes in (aside from any transfer fees we receive) and from whom?

And also what are Derbys outgoings for the season, staff wages an obvious one but I am sure there are many more? Again, anyone got a breakdown with rough figures what goes out (aside from any transfer fees we pay out)?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard many times on these forums that people say with our crowds we should have a much more generous transfer kitty than others. Yet other posters say ticket sales dont really generate much cash at all.

So... what income does DCFC actually get per year, and from what sources? Telly, sponsors, tickets? Anyone get a relatively accurate breakdown of figures what money comes in (aside from any transfer fees we receive) and from whom?

And also what are Derbys outgoings for the season, staff wages an obvious one but I am sure there are many more? Again, anyone got a breakdown with rough figures what goes out (aside from any transfer fees we pay out)?

Difficult question to answer,as past accounts don't help because they're skewed by things like cup runs and contract buy outs.It's only in this current year that things get back to normality,but we won't see these results for 13 months.Whilst turnover is broken down (and even this shows what was due,as opposed to received),the expenditure side isn't.

For what it's worth,in 08/09 tv income comes in at £14.848m-if you deduct the £11.5m chute from this it leaves £3.348m,but even then you don't know how much of this relates to cup runs.

Match receipts were c£8m,but again the cup runs were involved here to a significant extent.Other income (mostly commercial) came in at c£8m.

If you took Metgod's recent (alleged) comments as gospel,then players' wages are currently just over £8m and tv income £4.7m (looks ok because of a new lucrative deal).If commercial revenue has held up,then this would cover players' wages,leaving £4.7m+match receipts (I'd estimate at £6m+) to cover other overheads.Other wages are probably north of £3m and I'd estimate loan interest currently to be below £0.5m.

However,don't underestimate the total size of other overheads.All I can say is that I wouldn't be surprised if we were currently showing a surplus on the revenue (operations) side.

Difficult question to answer,as past accounts don't help because they're skewed by things like cup runs and contract buy outs.It's only in this current year that things get back to normality,but we won't see these results for 13 months.Whilst turnover is broken down (and even this shows what was due,as opposed to received),the expenditure side isn't.

For what it's worth,in 08/09 tv income comes in at £14.848m-if you deduct the £11.5m chute from this it leaves £3.348m,but even then you don't know how much of this relates to cup runs.

Match receipts were c£8m,but again the cup runs were involved here to a significant extent.Other income (mostly commercial) came in at c£8m.

If you took Metgod's recent (alleged) comments as gospel,then players' wages are currently just over £8m and tv income £4.7m (looks ok because of a new lucrative deal).If commercial revenue has held up,then this would cover players' wages,leaving £4.7m+match receipts (I'd estimate at £6m+) to cover other overheads.Other wages are probably north of £3m and I'd estimate loan interest currently to be below £0.5m.

However,don't underestimate the total size of other overheads.All I can say is that I wouldn't be surprised if we were currently showing a surplus on the revenue (operations) side.

So have the owners been subsidising the running of DCFC over the last 3 years or not? If so, by how much?

So have the owners been subsidising the running of DCFC over the last 3 years or not? If so, by how much?

07/08 threw up operating cash of c£13m (after adjusting for interest payments);08/09 about broke even,again after allowing for interest.As far as the latter goes,the figures reflect a full £11.5m parachute payment,when in fact only c£1m was left.However,as I've pointed out elsewhere,there wouldn't have been this shortfall if they hadn't embarked on the January 08 binge.The figures for 09/10 will be out shortly.

Sure,I don't dispute the owners have put money in,but this has,in the main,been to support the Jan 08 binge and the ill fated 08/09 high wages/large staff policy and the knock on affects of contract buy outs.Claude is mentioned a lot,but there were also a lot relevant to their (effective) reign.All purely my opinion of course-the next accounts represent another piece in the jigsaw.

Archived