Porter set to be on sidelines

Day

Striker Chris Porter is unlikely to be available for Derby County’s Easter double.

Porter’s hip injury has ruled him out of the last five matches after the January signing from Motherwell had scored three goals in two games.

With leading scorer Rob Hulse battling on despite aches and pains, Derby could do with Porter but manager Nigel Clough does not think the player will be ready to face Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough tomorrow or Wolverhampton Wanderers at home on Monday.

“It’s unlikely he will be fit, so we will have pretty much the same squad that was on duty at Cardiff,†said Clough.

Derby have considered an injection for Porter to relieve the discomfort.

“There is a possibility of doing something with an injection, which we are quite reluctant to do,†added Clough.

Other options in attack include Emanuel Villa and Nathan Ellington.

Villa has made four appearances as a substitute in the last six games but his last start was in the defeat by Wolves at Molineux in December.

Ellington has not started since the home defeat by Ipswich on December 28 – Paul Jewell’s final match as Rams manager.

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/porter-set-to-be-on-sidelines]http://therams.co.uk/stories/porter-set-to-be-on-sidelines

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear ! not sounding good is it :mad: trouble is if Ellington plays he is not match fit - but maybe he could get chance to prove he has something, i havn't been convinced so far though - i still think we have done enough to stay up - thanks to our goal difference.

I'l be surprised if we see Porter back again this season, theres only 3 weeks left to get fit to train then match fit. Time for Villa to show us what he can do or at least put himself in the shop window.

Nathan Ellington will not play you can bet your ****** to a barn dance he wont play, i heard whispers that in training he cant be bothered and this is the reason he hasnt been picked for the bench let alone a start, imo the sooner he is off the wage bill the better, 100% he wont be a derby player next season,maybe a recall for Varney now hes had a game or 2.

Archived