having watched the rams when ......

footymadme

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if we replace Clough with a proven manager and he does no better, what then? Get another one? The argument may not wash with you but fact is getting in a proven manager is no guarantee of anything.

we were saying if you have a proven manager it has a better chance of working.

Well you say proven managers can do the job, but does that not also depend on the amount of support they get from their boards. Warnock has had money to spend, until he was at Palace, which is partly why he left them. He was well suppotred at Shefield United and now at QPR.

Billy Davies did well with Preston, with us he had support and at Forest he has also had financial support. Whats's he going to do in the Premier League with Forest, probably buy nobody and get them relegated in an embaressing manner. Its as much about resources at this level, unless you have a great manager like Holloway.

I would rather have billy than nigel, my dad met billy the day he was sacked because he lived near us and he said the directors would be gone within 6 months and he felt sorry for the fans and that the board then were only in it for the money, plus davies got us promotion.

It was common knowledge that a deal was about to be struck at that time,so no great revelation there.AP indicated that the (then) prospective new owners were in the loop over Jewell,and Jewell himself said that he knew the owners were coming,upon his appointment.From memory,GS Derby (UK)Ltd was incorporated in November 07.

If the LOG were purely in it for the money,they could have signed nobody upon promotion and banked the bonanza.They had put in £7m of their own money to help fund the promotion season-there's no guarantee they wouldn't have lost the lot if things had gone wrong.

but since we did go up and invested minimally to me it would make sense.

Over £10m in the first window is hardly minimal-I wonder if the 3 promoted clubs from last season have spent much more than that combined?

It's not the amount spent that's the issue so much as the 'quality' that was bought.

Archived