New BBC F1 Commentary Team for 2011

Hartley Hare

Some good news today after all.....

The BBC have dispensed with Jonathan Legard's services and have moved Martin Brundle up to be lead race commentator, with David Coulthard alongside him as co-commentator.

I could never get on with Legard, too many gaffes, simple things like getting team names and driver names wrong. I'm not sure how the new commentator team is going to work, but I'm happy to give it a try. I wonder if they'll get someone to replace Coulthard alongside Eddie Jordan, or if he'll combine both roles...?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9355081.stm

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some good news today after all.....

The BBC have dispensed with Jonathan Legard's services and have moved Martin Brundle up to be lead race commentator, with David Coulthard alongside him as co-commentator.

I could never get on with Legard, too many gaffes, simple things like getting team names and driver names wrong. I'm not sure how the new commentator team is going to work, but I'm happy to give it a try. I wonder if they'll get someone to replace Coulthard alongside Eddie Jordan, or if he'll combine both roles...?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9355081.stm

Brundle may know onions - but for some reason I can't stand the guy. I'm sure he gets on everybody's nerves when he asks for interviews when they're lining up on the grid. Bernie Ecclestone completely blanked him once when Brundle asked him a qt - after he'd looked daggers at him that is - it was so funny.

F1 hasn't been the same since Murray left.

Just going off on a bit of tangent here - but

1. Can't be doing with the Ferrarri mardy gits.

2. Lewis needs to get his **** together

3. Stop being so nice to everyone Jenson

4. Schumacker who? Well past it IMO

5. Red bull's - one to watch

Bring back Murray Walker :D Eating my Yorkshire puds with me dinner on a Sunday just isn't the same..

Brundle may know onions - but for some reason I can't stand the guy. I'm sure he gets on everybody's nerves when he asks for interviews when they're lining up on the grid. Bernie Ecclestone completely blanked him once when Brundle asked him a qt - after he'd looked daggers at him that is - it was so funny.

F1 hasn't been the same since Murray left.

Just going off on a bit of tangent here - but

1. Can't be doing with the Ferrarri mardy gits.

2. Lewis needs to get his **** together

3. Stop being so nice to everyone Jenson

4. Schumacker who? Well past it IMO

5. Red bull's - one to watch

Bring back Murray Walker :D Eating my Yorkshire puds with me dinner on a Sunday just isn't the same..

Agree with Lewis needing to get his **** together, he said last year he let his personal life affect him and you can't afford that in F1.

Still believe if he'd been in a Red Bull he'd have won the Championship by Singapore

Archived