The 'Hitman' Test.....

Alex W

This intrigued me, so i'll post a similiar thing here.

A humans perception of death differs to each human being. There was a psychology experiment where they quizzed over one thousand people how much money it would take for someone to kill another person if there was a 100% chance no-one would find out. The man in question has been tried and convicted for murder.

So here's the theory: A man approaches you and asks you how much it would take to kill this murderer, though you know nothing more of his conviction or why/how it happened. There is 100% chance that no-one will ever know.

So, how much would it take for you to kill them?

Answer honestly.

(The whole thing was about how ruthless different human beings could be on limited advice, and how much it would take to push them to it. Thought it might be interesting on a slow thread moment like now)

Me personally............. I probably couldn't without knowing who he murdered and why. It could be that he'd killed his fathers killers etc. But if he were just a murderer.......... £1k.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No amount of money could engage me to kill another human being, if you kill one you are capable of killing a million and I wouldn't degrade myself to that level. Just me though.

So you'd never kill another human being YR? As in not at all or not in this instance?

(Don't worry, not arguing on this one, i'm intrigued)

I re-utter YR's comments, certainly in this case anyway.

Don't know what I'd do in other situations, no one does.

Intriguing.........

On the whole, I think the average that they got was around £100,000. 30% didn't ask any questions about the murderer, 50% wanted to know who he'd killed and why (which I would have thought anyone wanted to know).

Scarily 20% didn't ask any questions and immediately named a price. It's all about how the person percieves death, how they'd be affected by it etc.

no I would welcome it rather than live my life knowing I chopped down a fellow homosapian, I believe killing someone is the second worst crime in the world and i would never participate in it.

That is quite an honourable notion YR, but in that situation I think you'd defend yourself out of instinct.

My first instinct would be to just let it happen, life is very tiresome as it is and I wouldn't mind if it ended a trifle early. Of course I won't properly know until I have that particular experience, much like other experiences you don't know what will happen until it happens.

My first instinct would be to just let it happen, life is very tiresome as it is and I wouldn't mind if it ended a trifle early. Of course I won't properly know until I have that particular experience, much like other experiences you don't know what will happen until it happens.

Life is amazing, and it is all there is in your theory about the world, surely you'd want to prolong it?

And it's true you can never know till you experience it. I got mugged a while ago on new years eve, and one of them had a knife. One of the thoughts running through my head was to kill them both if he attacked me with it, which bloody scared me. People react differently, but in most cases it's human instinct above all else.

well I do believe that there is just this however I don't want to live a very long life. Life is tiring and the enormous complexity of it makes me think I would like to die before 60 maybe 50. How did you cope with it alex? did you just run if you don't mind me asking

well I do believe that there is just this however I don't want to live a very long life. Life is tiring and the enormous complexity of it makes me think I would like to die before 60 maybe 50. How did you cope with it alex? did you just run if you don't mind me asking

Haha what a strange view of things, hopefully life exceeds all your expectations.

And I took the hits, I refused to let them take my things on principle. It New Years Eve there was absoloutely no-one about, just got battered really. I'm a human punchbag if ever there was one though, I was fine. Broke my nose (and it still is at the bottom) but apart from alot of blood I was alright.

Stopped off at a random house afterward and asked for a bit of help to clean up, and bless them they made sure I got all the blood off my face etc. Took them a big box of Quality Street round the next day to say thank you.

Archived