In a spot of bother...

randombc

Hello ladies and gentlemen, first time posting on hear so please be gentle ;)

basically, for my friends birthday present, who is considerably older then me I want to get him the new derby shirt but with a 'legends' name on the back e.g. McFarland or Hector etc.

I was wondering (the older ones may be a bit better at this) if you could give me the team of 1971 squad number from either an old programme or even more impressively from memory. But lease be sure it's right cause it will be going on the shirt and I don't want to look like a div.:p

Any help would be appreciated

Charlie.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello ladies and gentlemen, first time posting on hear so please be gentle ;)

basically, for my friends birthday present, who is considerably older then me I want to get him the new derby shirt but with a 'legends' name on the back e.g. McFarland or Hector etc.

I was wondering (the older ones may be a bit better at this) if you could give me the team of 1971 squad number from either an old programme or even more impressively from memory. But lease be sure it's right cause it will be going on the shirt and I don't want to look like a div.:p

Any help would be appreciated

Charlie.

I don't think they had specific squad numbers until the early 90s mate, but from what I know of archive footage, Kevin Hector was pretty much always number 10, Ron Webster 2. That's about all I can remember mate, sorry :)

Hi Mate

From memory ,McFarland defo number 5 ,Todd/MacKay number 6, ,John Robson number 3, Alan Hinton number 11, John O'Hare number 9,Ron Webster number 2, Hector 10, midfield not sure but Carlin / Gemmill was number 8 I think and John McGovern 7 and Steve Powell number 4 .

Lond time ago mate but hope this helps.

1.Boulton

2.Thomas

3 Nish

4 Rioch

5 Daniel

6 Todd

7 Newton

8 Gemmill

9 Davies

10 George

11 Lee

1. Green

2 Webster

3 Robson

4 Durban

5 McFarland

6 Mackay

7 McGovern

8 Carlin

9 O'Hare

10 Hector

11 Hinton

The side that started the 1971-72 Championship Winning Season

This differs from the link offered by Daveo as that was wrong in several positions.

1. Colin Boulton - The only player to play in all 84 games of 2 Championship winning sides.

2. Ron Webster - Rod Thomas didnt arrive until 73 from Swindon Town

3. John Robson - David Nish arrived in Aug 1972 from Leicester City

4. Alan Durban - Rioch didnt sign until '74 from Villa

5. Roy Macfarland

6. Colin Todd

7. John McGovern

8. Archie Gemmill

9. John O'Hare and Roger Davies who signed in '71 from Worcester City

10. Kevin Hector

11. Alan Hinton

The only one im not 100% on is Robson and Terry Hennessey was still around too.

Archived