Brian Clough's Way

boleynkid

Derby fans may be interested in the "Brian Clough's Way" show which will be staged at the Assembly Rooms on Thursday 2nd July.

"Enjoy an evening in the company of some of The Rams greatest ever players. Listen to legends Dave Mackay, Roy McFarland, John McGovern, Roger Davies and John O’Hare recount stories of their days at the Baseball Ground and re-live that golden era in the early 70’s when Derby County were the Champions of England under the leadership of the incomparable Brian Clough, whose character will once again be reprised by Colin Tarrant. The show will be hosted by 5 Live's Pat Murphy. This is sure to be a great night of nostalgia for fans who will get the opportunity to meet their idols after the show."

Tickets are priced at £22.50 and can be purchased from the Box Office on 01332 255440.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CumbrianRam;7515

Yes the mighty movie star, KSD.

TBQH if you want to hear the truth then this show is the best place to hear it.

Amazing how some people are so easily swayed to a film, just on the mention of DCFC.

There was an article in the DET today about Roy Mac...anyone read it.

Legend.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Return-Mac/article-853154-detail/article.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Ret...il/article.html

Awh great, will have a word with me old man, sure will wana go to it, maybe wilko aswell

And the DET, you cannot say anything on there anymore or have an opinion every single individual beleive's im right and your wrong end of.

That's why it is so much better on here, where's the nastyness the unpleasantness...not here i tell youness.

This is the way it should be too....

Why can't one person give their OWN review of the film?

It was your opinion and I'm glad you typed it in.

I think you handled it well PTR. Just don't let the big eads get to you, then they'll move on to picking on someone else who they don't like the opinions of.

-

As for the film, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I just hope the Derby bits are long enough and it doesn't focus too much on Leeds.

Were any bits filmed within the city of Derby? Such as the training ground maybe? Sinfin? The Midland Hotel?

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;7582

Why can't one person give their OWN review of the film?

It was your opinion and I'm glad you typed it in.

I think you handled it well PTR. Just don't let the big eads get to you, then they'll move on to picking on someone else who they don't like the opinions of.

-

As for the film, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I just hope the Derby bits are long enough and it doesn't focus too much on Leeds.

Were any bits filmed within the city of Derby? Such as the training ground maybe? Sinfin? The Midland Hotel?

Basically i did not like it for the reason that the things i saw in it.... i did not recognise, i've lived in Derby all my life and some of the things that took place in that film were just not familiar to me....they did a good job recreating the BBG but the outiside of it and the surrounding areas, no way was that Derby/Pear Tree...

I feel they cut alot of corners...why else would they get rid of the footy scenes that they shot in favour of the real thing, because they could not recreate it....it looked rubbish.

Why else would they have Clough in the changing rooms, anxious, nervous unable to meet Revie and watch the game unfold?....because they did not have the footage, decent footage.

I've seen all the historical clips, i've read all about the real story...that is why it did not ring true for me...you don't have to have lived through it or been there to know that.

And my comment about living in Derby all my life and being close to the actual events, what i meant was in terms of living around where the events occured....i knew the BBG, Pear Tree, Shaftsbury....and all that....none of that was in the film....

I expected the film to give a glimpse of Derby life back in the day, when my father was alive, but nothing like that....

Those memories were not recreated.....

Like i said the only thing familiar was the crest on the shirt....

That was my opinion, i ran away from that cinema thinking....yes....wor that was shight, but atleast i'm going to find more about the real truth now....

Unlike some people who will watch the film and think...wow was that all true....wow....it must be true...

No way...

Enjoy the film, take out of it what you want....love it..hate it....don't let anybody tell you your wrong for thinking it though.

Archived