Clough targets loan reinforcements

Day

Derby manager Nigel Clough hopes to bolster his injury-hit squad with another loan signing before Thursday's transfer deadline.

With Dean Leacock, Jordan Stewart and Jay McEveley out injured, Clough is targeting a defender.

Clough, who has made two loan signings - midfielders John Eustace and Barry Bannan from Watford and Aston Villa respectively - since his appointment at the start of January, said: "We are trying to get one in as cover.

"If we can get somebody in for the last five or six weeks, we will see if they are up to it or not if we need a loan for early next season as well.

"If we can get one in and then get some injured players back we should, hopefully, be in good enough shape to get through the last few weeks.

[url=http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1792_5089856,00.html]http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5089856,00.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is his targets could be playing first team football as it is so clubs won't be allowing them to leave on loan in March. Injuries are forcing us to get short term loans in to help out.

I'm not to keen on the idea of bringing in players who have no future at the club but what choice do we have?

I'm still confused over Kaz and why is he still here? when he arrived at the club one of Cloughs first move was to cancel Pereplotkins loan move, so why haven't we cancelled Kaz's deal? He's clearly has no part in Cloughs plans with Bannan and Eustace coming in so why are we paying the guy?

Bannan and Eustace are loan deals. Kaz is a "view to a permanent". He could be secretly injured ... He looks a sound pro player and I don't see why Clough can't try and work him into the team. It's the end of his contract at Porto this season so won't he be coming on a free? In my opinion, we should give him a try. A player doing nothing under Jewell usually means nothing.

If he was injured I'm sure it would of been announced, what would the club gain from keeping it a secret. If Clough doesnt see him as part of his plans now, what hope as he got next season? he must be on a fair whack a week aswell playing for Porto so wouldn't come cheaply, would he want to come aswell after being left out for so long?.

Archived