FA Cup fever

Gusboll

The reality is the average World Cup-qualifying team would find life very very difficult in the Championship.

We watch some of the best football in the world in this country in the top 2 tiers. The world cup just isn't majical in that respect anymore.

I think it is more down to teams not wanting to lose than wanting to win, the best example of that is the final the Dutch didn't want to lose and did that by trying to kick Spain off the park. Look at the teams who wanted to win and you see the best teams from the WC. Spain, Germany, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico, all teams that lit the WC up.

I think the next world cup in Brazil is going to be 1 of the greatest.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing is it's interesting if you are:

One of the Premiership teams and you're in it to win it.

A pub team hoping for a money spinning tie and the chance to play against famous professionals.

But for the rest in the middle (inc. us) it is a burden and can be a comprimise to league form and just gets silly injuries. When football league teams have 46 games (PL sides have 38) and a slim chance of winning then I can understand any lack of interest.

I'm not really that interested in the FA Cup these days.

The loss of interest is due to the massive gulfs of the game. If it wasn't for the 'Premier League' things would be a lot different.

The whole 'magic of the cup' thing and the fact it's a treat for lower ranked teams is sad and makes the whole thing trivial, when it used to be considered just as seriously to teams as the league.

Saturdays Notts County v Gateshead attendence of 3000 shows the decline in the appeal of the FA cup. Their average for last season was around 7000 for league matches. These days, with the cost of matches, a lot of people tend to be choosy and sadly it looks like the FA Cup doesn't feature high as a priority match for many folk.

With AFC Wimbledon possibly playing the Franchise and FC United possibly away at Brighton im looking forward to the next round. Was thinking of going to the Wimbledon game depending on when it is but after reading this http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/5886/38/ changed my mind. Will almost certainly be on the box though, so would be a good watch.

With AFC Wimbledon possibly playing the Franchise and FC United possibly away at Brighton im looking forward to the next round. Was thinking of going to the Wimbledon game depending on when it is but after reading this http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/5886/38/ changed my mind. Will almost certainly be on the box though, so would be a good watch.

The Fleet will turn them over though ;)

Is that you Benji me little lad:D

Archived