Porter Injury Nearing Conclusion

Day

Derby County hope to get to the bottom of Chris Porter's hip injury once and for all this week.

Porter has been forced to miss Derby's last 11 matches because of the injury which has caused the striker a great deal of discomfort.

Derby's medical team are hopeful for some definitive news from the consultant who they working alongside in the coming days to get to the bottom of the problem.

26-year-old Porter has made 34 appearances and scored seven times since joining Derby from Motherwell in January 2009, displaying a strong goals-to-games ratio.

Manager Nigel Clough said: "It is so frustrating for everyone, especially Chris, we've not been able to get to the bottom of the problem.

"When he has been fit and out on the pitch he has more often than not scored goals.

"He has scored seven goals in 14 starts in the league, which is a healthy return."

Porter has made only one start this season for the Rams, in the Carling Cup defeat at Crewe in August.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2198929,00.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for him, he's used to playing full seasons.

The road to getting fit is obviously a hard one, and every time he's just about to get there his hip flares up and causes him tons of pain, meaning he has to stop and start again.

Good luck to him, but I think he's finished.

I've always thought the lad a really good player and lets face it who wouldnt want to be out there playing in this team. I hope he stays....we wernt the only ones who wanted him....Cardiff tried to get him too and Jones is no mug judging from the sides he's produced over the years.

Archived