The Jim Smith Room

Day

I am a little tired of the same minority of members that persist in trying to bring party political discussions to this board so I would like to take the time to make our position clear to you all.

Free Speech
This forum does not offer the freedom of speech, we have terms of use in place that prohibits a wide range of content which includes politics, religion and gender related discussions.

You can find our terms of use at the bottom of this forum or using this link

https://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines

Why?
I want to touch on politics first, this forum was never designed or assigned moderates for political discourse. 

Over the years we have tried various ways to allow political discourse however they all descended into insults being thrown around and numerous posts being reported.

Bare in mind the main Derby County board has over a million posts, most of our reports came from topics within this board.

In a recent poll, moderators unanimously voted out all political discussions. Enough is enough.

They, like myself are tired of the same small number of members that cannot tolerate each others views.

May I remind you these moderators give up their own free time for no reward to help moderate this forum. 

We have relaxed the rules slightly to allow topics on global issues for example with the Ukraine War and climate change with Extinction Rebellion which can be seen as political issues, some may have seen this as a green light for all politics. That is not the case.

Party politics still have no place on this forum whatsoever and we reserve the right to lock topics like Ukraine War and Extinction Rebellion if they are used as a way to bring party politics on to the forum.

When I say party politics I am of course referring to the left, right and centre. 

Finally, you will have heard me say numerous times now, without adverts this forum would fail to exist, so we must remain advertiser friendly.

Advertisers do not wish to promote their business/product alongside content that incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalisation.

We as a forum have no issues with prohibiting that kind of content as we want to be welcoming to Derby County fans from all backgrounds.

I do not agree with you or your reasoning!
That is absolutely fine, not a problem, you have a couple of options.

1) Disagree but accept the terms of use we have in place and ensure that your posts do not fall into any of our prohibited content.

2) Quite simply find another platform that will give you that freedom of speech that you desire, Twitter being one option, however I would argue Elon Musks idea of free speech still comes with it's own t&c's.

What if I ignore you?
Consider this post to be every single members verbal warning, if you continue to push back against our terms of use we will be left with no choice but to issues warnings, where multiple warnings would result in a ban.

tl;dr?
I suggest you find the time to read this post.