Sav for Wales ?

vicky-27

ROBBIE Savage would answer the call to play for Wales again, if they want him.

Derby County's skipper retired from international football in 2005 after a row with John Toshack.

Toshack stood down as national team manager this week after six years in the job and Savage is now eyeing a possible return to the international scene.

"I am playing in the Championship, probably the fifth hardest league in the world. I am playing week in, week out, and I'm captain of Derby County," said the 35-year-old midfielder who won 39 caps for Wales.

He added: "I was player of the year last season and probably had my best game this season in the last match against Queens Park Rangers.

"I am prepared to help Wales in any way I can, even if it meant going around the squad and encouraging the younger players like I am doing at Derby with James Bailey.

"I am a passionate Welshman and I loved playing for them."

I am not the headless chicken that people thought I was, I am more controlled.

"My game is probably more suited to international football now."

Hartson has already said that if he landed the job he would urge Savage, Ryan Giggs and Simon Davies to come out of international retirement

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All you would have to say is Wales are ***** and he has no comeback, would he share a bath with Gunter and Earnshaw?

possably yes

his legs have gone for sure this term for us rams so international duty for the sheepshaggers shouldnt be a problem lol

might mean hell miss a few more games for us but im sure wed mannage withought his holyness

Play international football against Gerrard & co ! what would Savage offer ? he's too slow for the Derby midfield. I honesly thought this thread was about Savage managing Wales not playing for them.

PS I was going to laugh at the idea of him being linked as a manager.

COYR

Archived