Garner joins Huddersfield Town

Day

Huddersfield Town has today signed Nottingham Forest striker Joe Garner on a six month loan.

The 22-year old will move to the Club until 3 January to bolster Lee Clark's attacking options ahead of the upcoming 2010/11 npower League One season and could feature in tonight's home pre-season friendly against Blackburn Rovers; kick-off 7.45pm.

http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~2097895,00.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure I read an interveiew with Billy saying no more players would be leaving after Perch, I must of dreamed that one.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's our 6th choice striker

We will just have to make do with Earnshaw, Blackstock, Tyson & Adebola until Mcgoldric returns in Sep or Oct. there is also a recall clause if needed.

McCleary can play up front & Billy ( press talk ) is chasing an Arsenal striker Jay Simpson

But but but Billy said on 16th July.......

---------------------------------------------------------------

Boss Billy Davies does not want any more senior players leaving Nottingham Forest this summer.

The Scot was angered by the sale of James Perch to Newcastle last week.

Meanwhile, Premier League newcomers Blackpool have reportedly joined Bolton in demonstrating an interest in highly-rated midfielder Chris Cohen and defender Kelvin Wilson remains a target for Celtic.

However, with David McGoldrick and Dele Adebola injured, Davies does not want to see any more of his key players leave the City Ground.

"I made it clear last season that, with the age of this squad and the quality of it, it only needed to be topped up. The longer it was together as a group, we knew the more success it would get," said Davies. "What we didn't want to do was to be chopping and changing our better players because that disrupts the long-term planning.

"I would not be encouraging or looking for any more players to leave the club. I would be looking to continue the development of this team for as long as I can."

"Billy Davies does not want any more senior players leaving Nottingham Forest"

Is Garner not classed as a senior player? isn't going and playing for another club classed as leaving Nottingham Forest?

Going back to your 6 strikers comment, I take it the 6 are Earnshaw, Blackstock, Adebola, Goldylocks, Tyson and Garner?

Are you not concerned if what you are saying Garner is your 6th choice striker is correct, that means Adebola, Tyson and Goldylocks are all ahead of him.

When we take a look at your strikers...

Earnshaw and Blackstock, no doubt they will get goals for you again this season.

Adebola, poor mans Heskey.

Tyson, all pace and nothing else.

Goldylocks, out injured for 4 months.

I would put it to you that you are looking rather weak in your strikeforce options, Adebola and Tyson as a backup strike force is hardly mouth watering.

It was good enough to get us 3rd last season.

Garner does not get played

Oh ! and you missed this

Cardiff City are set to have their ambition and resolve tested after it's been reported that Nottingham Forest have made a written offer for Peter Whittingham.

The Guardian are claiming that Forest have tabled a written £1.5m offer for last season's top scorer.

Whittingham has just one year leaft on his City contract. Failure to sell him or secure him to a new City deal will see him able to talk to new clubs in January and then leave for free next summer.

He can be recalled if needed,

And

Forest In For Arsenal's Simpson?

Player arrivals is what Forest fans are now looking for and the 'reports' of interest in players is starting to grow, with it 'claimed' that Jay Simpson is a target?

The Arsenal youngster, who has enjoyed successful loan spells with several clubs, has been a regular in the young Gunners' league cup sides in recent years but has not really been able to breakthrough into their 1st team at league level yet.

Loan spells with Millwall, West Brom and QPR have seen him score goals, his time at QPR last season the most profitable.

According to sportingpreview.com Billy Davies is looking to bring the forward to The City Ground in a loan capacity.

Would you be happy to see Jay Simpson join Forest on loan?

Yup, but does Whittingham want to leave, if your offer is accepted maybe other clubs might come in for him. I reckon Blackpool would be interested at £1.5m, would he turn down the chance of instant Prem football or the possibility of Prem football?

Agreeing a fee with the club is one thing, agreeing a deal with the player is another.

Blackpool are very careful with money & won't offer good wages as they know where they will be next season.

You forget we are favs to go up !

We may not get some of our targets, but look at the type of player we are going for. Billy has 3 or 4 names for each position.

Other clubs in the CCC are strengthening Forest need to do so as well.

Who are Derby after ?

True but I bet Blackpool would offer a decent enough wage, plus a season in the Premiership and a chance to show what you can do and hopefully attract a bigger club, or would he go for the bookies favourite (bookies sometimes get it wrong).

Archived