non season ticket holders can have advantage for away games

Leeds Ram

Young Ram has a point. The board don't really care who is in the stadium, who has had an ST for 30 years and who has had one for 3. Loyalty isn't recognised it's just the money paid. Gold membership isn't fair on ST holders but it allows fans who don't live in Derby to go to more away games. The pros outweigh the cons in that sense imo because it improves our away following.

A good priority system for away tickets would be to allow people who've renewed the most times first. So this rewards the loyal fans.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Young Ram has a point. The board don't really care who is in the stadium, who has had an ST for 30 years and who has had one for 3. Loyalty isn't recognised it's just the money paid. Gold membership isn't fair on ST holders but it allows fans who don't live in Derby to go to more away games. The pros outweigh the cons in that sense imo because it improves our away following.

A good priority system for away tickets would be to allow people who've renewed the most times first. So this rewards the loyal fans.

perosnally the priority system what i would like is season ticket holders first for a period of a week, then gold members for 4 days, then general sale, it's not how long you've been following neccersarily, i have had one for 10 years but i am only 16 thus i would be way down the priority scale, for me it's the fact that people who pay 25 quid can have better rights than somone who has paid 500 quid, it frustrates me that i have put my own hard money in this club for a number of years, buying shirts, away tickets, season ticket ect, yet the club thinks to boost numbers it can give away priority away for 25 quid when people will use it for big games like if we get a good tie in a cup, forest away ect, when you buy a seaosn ticket, you put loyalty to the club because you have put money in when there is no gurantee of anything, to me this board seems the most artificial and desperate money grabbing lot since jeremy keith and co

I'm just putting something out there but hasn't this system been in place for years now, before the Yanks had even heard of Derby County?

And the membership card doesn't actually do alot, it may come in use for Forest tickets and that's about it, the rest of the season it's pointless unless you use the discount in the club shop.

I'm just putting something out there but hasn't this system been in place for years now, before the Yanks had even heard of Derby County?

And the membership card doesn't actually do alot, it may come in use for Forest tickets and that's about it, the rest of the season it's pointless unless you use the discount in the club shop.

no, the system sued to be season ticket holders could pay an extra 25 or 15 pounds for a membership card for advanced priority, what the ameicans have done is let anyone have it, thus giving ticket priority to non season ticket holders, and daveo for me it's more about the morality of what thsi represents for me. The fact that somone who doesn't go can have access to a vital club match before somone who has been going for 10-20 years does disgust me, when you buy a season ticket it shows loyalty becasue the team could be awful but you have made a pledge to the club that i'm backing the club with this, the membership gives a free ride to people who frankly dont deserve to go to important games because thye havn't made that pledge

I'm positive because they did have gold membership for fans who didn't have season tickets but they didn't get priority for away matches, i got platinum membership last season which did gurantee a better time period for away tickets for which you had to be a season ticket holder, and just because other clubs do ti doesn't make it right, that's like saying becasue loads of mp's fiddell expenses then it's somthignt hat should happen

I'm not saying it makes it right but I'm sure the scheme has been in place for a while now, and it's also pretty standard membership scheme across all clubs.

I'm sure a similar thread was on the DET forum last season about it not being fair on season ticket holders and it's not fair I agree, but it's also hardly a reason to start Yank bashing again.

I'm not saying it makes it right but I'm sure the scheme has been in place for a while now, and it's also pretty standard membership scheme across all clubs.

I'm sure a similar thread was on the DET forum last season about it not being fair on season ticket holders and it's not fair I agree, but it's also hardly a reason to start Yank bashing again.

this particular scheme hasn't been in place since before this season, they ahd gold members which were able to get priority for HOME fixtures and platinum members(only seaosn ticket holders) which could get extra priority for away matches, and it is a good reason to complain, it is absolutly vile that the owners believe people who pay a poxy 25 quid are more desering and loyal than those who pay hundreds of pounds and go to see the team reguarly, you can't defend this tbh no-one can, and if it was put in place before the yanks were here which im sure it wasn't then why didn't they do somthing about it. They always go on about our brilliant fans and how were so awsome ect, well i hope one day were not so fecking awsome to show those money grabbing swines a lesson

Ok, we'l say it has been brought in this season as I can't be 100% sure. But what your saying about being 'loyal' because you spend hundreds of pounds on a season ticket is true to a certain extent, but I know there are fans that fly over from other countries for 10-15 games a season and pay a hell of alot more to watch Derby than the average season ticket holder as they will be paying full whack for a match day ticket. Are they not 'loyal'?, do they not deserve the chance to go to an away game like Forest?

There is also another set of 'loyal' fans, those that wish to attend every single away game but might not get a chance to if season ticket holders are always given first pickings for the tickets, once again if they may pay more money than your average season ticket holder when you consider ticket prices, travel etc.

Whilst I do tend to side with the season ticket holders slightly more I can still see there being positives for the membership scheme and I don't see it as being a reason to start Yank bashing.

Season ticket holders plod out a lot of money,unknowing of what is to come.Their faith should be rewarded with first priority on away tickets.Memberships are just another cash cow.Im getting sick of this prostituting ourselves as a club,substitutions being sponsored etc.

It wouldnt be so bad if any money was available for players!!

As ive said before,I dont trust the yanks at all.What interest they could have in our club escapes me.

At the end of the day the supporter doesnt matter any more.We are customers,nothing more.

Money, that's what they are in it for, but let's not delude ourselves here every club owners are in it for money. They are businessman and businessman look to make a profit, Mr Abu Dhabi hasn't bought Man City for the fun of owning a football club, neither have the Yanks at Man Utd and Liverpool.

Football stopped being a sport years ago, kick offs are delayed so Sky Sports can squeeze in a few adverts between the players coming out and kick off, football shirts have 2 sponsors now, players are sponsored, match balls are sponsored, I bet the bog roll in the toilets will be sponsored by some company.

I know football is expensive as it is but £25 a season to guarantee your away seat isn't alot as long as theres a need for it other than the Forest game.

I think a 2 tiered away game membership scheme would of been better, ST membership first chance on tickets, membership get the second chance then it goes to st holders and finally the public.

But as I say again this scheme is widely used at other clubs and we have had membership schemes for years, the Yanks are just opening the offer to more fans.

Season ticket holders plod out a lot of money,unknowing of what is to come.Their faith should be rewarded with first priority on away tickets.Memberships are just another cash cow.Im getting sick of this prostituting ourselves as a club,substitutions being sponsored etc.

It wouldnt be so bad if any money was available for players!!

As ive said before,I dont trust the yanks at all.What interest they could have in our club escapes me.

At the end of the day the supporter doesnt matter any more.We are customers,nothing more.

I agree dangerous, season ticket holders have blind faith to the team when they purchase a season ticket, the membership should be diluted so the system would go, season ticket holders with membership, season ticket holders, membership holders, then general public, and yes people may not have season tickets due to how far they live ect, but season ticket holders are the lifeblood of derby county and thus they should get priority over anyone for away tickets

tbh i would happily see mr glick leave the club so then the lies could end and season ticket holders could be appreciated :D and we wouldn't have to read that stupid letter he puts in the programme every week, im surprised he's literate tbh :D

Archived