Porter & Davies Injured

Day

no my opinons are based upon that even though we have our fair share of crocks that we did have a lot of needless injuries last season, and many people agreed, the coaching team is basiclly the same one he had at burton, anyway yeah it will be hard to shift them, maybe we should cancel their contracts? that way at least we would have room to sign fit players who arn't always injured

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but there is a MASSIVE difference in fitness at non league to championship level, and you know as well as i do that there were a lot of niggles last season and that many people wern't content about why these players were injured, and unfortunatly boycie yeah it does cost money but it costs money to keep them on anyway unfortunatly, i would rather get rid of persistently injured players because then we have a true reflection on what the squad is

Young Ram, the same bunch of sicknotes have had injury problems all they're careers, look at the profiles on the Official Site and look at how many games they have played each season for different clubs.

Young Ram, the same bunch of sicknotes have had injury problems all they're careers, look at the profiles on the Official Site and look at how many games they have played each season for different clubs.

yes but we had 17 players out at one time, are you honestly suggesting all 17 players have been crocks for their careers?

If you pay out a players contract, it hardly gives you scope to go and buy another player does it? Unless the player agrees a reduced amount or agrees to retire due to injury, then the insurance pay out.

I wouldn't agree to a less than contract pay off, if I thought that I'd struggle to get another club.

I think we should end it here :D the honest fact is that neither of us truly knows what is happening in training, club finances transfer policy ect, we both try to draw conclusions with what we ahve available and come up with different answers :D let's wait and see until 10 games in to the season and see where we are then, if we finish 12th or above i will apologise and admit i was wong, if we finish 15th or lower will you admit you were wrong over some aspects? truce?

it is a good point boycie and we are in a difficult situation with these crocks, in all honesty i dont know what i would do since i have never been in that position, i think we need to get a look at the squad without players hwo are injured all the time and counting them though

Off course in real life, I'm a ***** hot sparky, who'd walk into any other electrical contracting companies team.

(polishes nails on sweaty polo shirt)

:D i was talking to daveo as well, we have beena rguing about this for what seems forever lol

League positions won't alter what your saying about the training methods, one thing you are correct about is neither of us really know, that is why I'm saying you can't just point the finger at Clough and his coaching team everytime a player picks up an injury or has a runny nose.

League positions won't alter what your saying about the training methods, one thing you are correct about is neither of us really know, that is why I'm saying you can't just point the finger at Clough and his coaching team everytime a player picks up an injury or has a runny nose.

i agree davies is unavoidable and certain ones are truly unavoidable e.g mceveley at middlesborough ect, but i believe that things like hamstrings are potentially unavoidable, and yes i do moan a lot about this management team and backroom staff, probablly too much but it was a long season last season and i fear it may be again and tbh i go week in week out, can't get a job because none are about so spend a lot of money on following derby to away games as well when i can, only went to i think about 8-9 last year but for me that adds up to a lot, i'm only 16 lol so 100-200 quid is a lot and it annoys me that the club doesn't look like it's going anywhere and it is frustrating

We're not going anywhere, we're reducing the debts and stabilising the club, the situation hasn't changed since the Americans came. OK it doesn't sound great and we all want Premiership football but as the Guinness adverts say, good things come to those who wait, and Take That would say...have a little patience.

Archived