Porter & Davies Injured

Day

Derby County have had a double injury blow to two strikers just prior to pre-season friendlies taking place.

With Nigel Clough wanting a fit team to start the season, but nursing several players back from injury and operations, it is with some concern that two of the Rams strikers are now on the sick list.

The Rams start pre-season friendlies at the weekend and will be without Chris Porter. The 26 year-old striker has had to have injections into his hip. No further news on the injury has come forward but he is not expected to be ready to resume training until Monday. This will mean he will also miss the game at Southend. It is hoped that he may be fit enough to resume games on Wednesday next week.

Fellow striker Steve Davies is also in the wars and has twisted a knee in training yesterday and will be monitored closely before the friendlies begin...

http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/injury_strikes_rams_strikers_537281/index.shtml

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhhh Yippppeeeeeeeee :mad:

And Nigel said yesterday on t'radio no-one in till someone goes out and the dreaded loan word was mentioned - so that's our 6 strikers now down to 4 already and none of em can score more than 15 a season - i said 20 last time but that was to ambitious.

Ohhhhh Yippppeeeeeeeee :mad:

And Nigel said yesterday on t'radio no-one in till someone goes out and the dreaded loan word was mentioned - so that's our 6 strikers now down to 4 already and none of em can score more than 15 a season - i said 20 last time but that was to ambitious.

If 4 strikers score 15 each, that'll do me

Hulse scored 15 in 08/09

We could have David Villa, Rooney and Messi upfront but with a crap midfield they'd be lucky to get a sniff at goal.

I believe we have goals up front in the players we have, what concerns me is the 4 central midfielders behind them.

If 4 strikers score 15 each, that'll do me

What planet are you on?

Only:

Nicky Maynard

Peter Whittingham

Gary Hooper

Kevin Nolan

Andrew Carroll

Charlie Adam

Michael Chopra

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Darren Ambrose

Billy Sharp

Robert Earnshaw

Hit 15 or more goals last season, and you want 4 in our team alone?

Archived