Who's Telling Porkies?

Day

Billy Davies insists he remains fully committed to Nottingham Forest despite his disappointment over the sale of James Perch to Newcastle United.

Perch joined Newcastle earlier in the week after being the subject of a failed bid from the Magpies during the January transfer window.

Davies claims he was unaware of Perch's impending departure until the deal was finalised, but he is adamant it will not affect his job as Forest manager.

"You can ask any of the players or staff about my work ethic and they will tell you," Davies told the Nottingham Evening Post. "I put in all my effort 24 hours a day to make this club a success.

"That is what I have always done. And my work ethic and desire to do that will continue. There is no way that is going to change. My desire to make this club a success has not changed.

"I have two years left on my contract and I will continue to do my job to the best of my ability until somebody else decides otherwise.

"I only found out that James Perch had moved to Newcastle when I received a phone call after the deal had been done."

However, Forest chief executive Mark Arthur says Davies was made aware of the club's decision to accept Newcastle's offer for Perch.

Arthur said: "The chairman had informed Billy on three separate occasions that, should we get another offer for James Perch from Newcastle that was acceptable to the business of the club, then we would not stand in his way.

"Newcastle had also offered to quadruple Perch's salary and therefore, with our reluctance to offer him a new contract, it would have been wrong to stand in his way.

"When an offer came through that was acceptable to the board I phoned Billy to tell him of the offer and his response was 'that is the board's decision and so be it'."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6254580,00.html

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could both be telling the truth. Press twisting things. I would not worry though this type of story line was running all last season & we came 3rd.

COYR

You must be doing something right Billy the derby boys are on your case again.

Take off those rose tinted spectacles and have another look, I've had a quick look over at Elvis's shed and a couple are seeing things a little more clearer, although I must give credit to Elvis for trying to keep the spirits up. Nothings changed :D

Perch didn't have time to say goodbye to the Forest staff and Friends.

Apparently his case was packed for him too:D

Four times his wages, Nice lad, Forest Through and Through wish him well.

He is definately not a fat greedy judas bar steward like some, that sponges of clubs playing 6 games at a time type of FELLA!:D

Archived