rams training at loughborough uni

derbydan

Derby County's players kicked off the first full week of their gruelling pre-season programme at Loughborough University today.

The Rams are spending four days at the sports complex based at the University over the border Leicestershire.

Throughout the week Derby will take advantage of the state-of-the-art facilities on site.

That means the players will be taking in up to three sessions a day for the duration of their stay/

This morning the squad were put through their paces during a series of running exercises which quickly made everyone realise their summer holidays are long gone.

Fitness and conditioning coach Steve Haines headed up the session, first putting the players through a long distance run before introducing a number of shorter and sharper drills. An afternoon session, with footballs, followed.

Stephen Pearson, Jake Buxton, Shaun Barker and Miles Addison also travelled to Loughborough and are working on their rehab programmes with the medical staff.

Coach Gary Crosby explained to dcfc.co.uk: "It was a tough session this morning, but the players know what to expect.

"It is pre-season, and we're giving them their 'base fitness' ahead of a long season.

"We're delighted to be able to take advantage of the facilities on offer at Loughborough, which are fantastic.

"As well as the football pitches, we can also work on the running track, in the swimming pool and with the gymnastic facilities.

"It is start of the art and very sports science orientated, which is perfect for us.

"It will be an intensive week of training, but the players do have a day off to break it up and see their families."

I can't understand why they'd use loughborough uni when I would have thought moor farm is much more equipped ??

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why they choose Loughborough:D

Derby hold several records in English football, most of them unwanted. The disastrous 2007-08 Premier League campaign saw the club equal Loughborough's all time league record of just one win in an entire league season

Archived