Michael Robinson

dog

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned Michael dying today. I saw him as a good old-fashioned forward who built on his strengths.

When living in Spain I watched him a number of times on TV. His language skills developed throughout and his analysis was always interesting.

A good guy.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, dog said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned Michael dying today. I saw him as a good old-fashioned forward who built on his strengths.

When living in Spain I watched him a number of times on TV. His language skills developed throughout and his analysis was always interesting.

A good guy.

He was very well liked over here. An excellent analyst and also an excellent interviewer and interviewee. I saw him interviewed several times on a popular chat show and he came across as a very intelligent and funny person. He had a brilliant story about Seve Ballesteros which when I've got a few minutes I'll try to recap it. RIP Michael ?

As I promised I'll try to recount Robinson's story about Seve Ballesteros.

They were good friends and spent quite a lot of time together. Seve was obviously very successful and won quite a lot of money. He was however very humble and didn't like to appear a show off with his money. He didn't really have an affection for cars but decided to buy a Ferrari. A few weeks after buying the car he met up with Robinson and they began speaking about it. Seve said that he really liked it, but couldn't understand how people were so obsessed by Ferrari when as a sports car they were quite slow. It turned out he had been driving around for weeks with the hand brake on because he didn't know how to take it off ?

Archived