Savage aims to play on with Rams after a change of heart

Day

i think Savage could be quite crucial for you if you're planning on rebuilding with a fairly young team..that experience is vital, much in the same way how Forest missed McKenna's authority and leadership in the middle when he picked up his injury.

When you had your bad run last season wasn't it Savage who rallied the troops and pulled everyone together? Even if his methods can look a bit lets say ungainly at times lol.

Like Boycie said in that post earlier....when he's playing for you, you love him but when he's against you you hate him. Football would be an even poorer game without such characters.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Na na na na, poof.

My mind wouldn't change at all, if Robbie Savage is to be a role model for the younger players god help us is all I say, we may as well scrap the acadamy now and save us alot of money.

Na na na na, poof.

My mind wouldn't change at all, if Robbie Savage is to be a role model for the younger players god help us is all I say, we may as well scrap the acadamy now and save us alot of money.

He's got a point Savage & role model ?

Name any other team that would call him a role model.

If he can still run and pass a ball then he can play on the bench but to be honest i'd be hoping we would get someone in who can replace him at the moment as in all honesty could do with a player who has a bit more pace with the same attributes savage brings in a sort of holding midfielder.. seth lad lose some weight, sort your knee's and your in ;)

why does everyone want wham bam success right here right now and crash and burn at the first hurdle, i for one would rather build slowly and get things right throughout the club, not just on the playing field but behind the scenes especially in the financial economy we are in atm.

hasnt it been shown over the last few years that constanttly swopping and changing managers gets you nowhere fast.

think only time will tell if Clough is the right man and yh some of his tactic have been strange but who else could work under the tight constaints he has had too and do a better job

what about steve coppell? or alan curbishley or paulo sauza, somone like that, and yes we do need to build slowly but i feel the team isnt progressing at all and i think it was the ajor shareholders who decided clough was the man, i dont want booma nd bust but the players were signing i feel arn't championship quality, especially the 2 fom crewe, and how many goals did cywka score for us on loan?

Savage IS a role model - ask the acadamy lads - ask them how much he looks after them, encourages them and helps them - they all think the world of him - and well said Johhny Red :D someone sensible at last ! If Sav gave you a £1m Daveo you still wouldn't like him.

Savage is NOT a role model, I'm sure he's laugh in training etc. But no way Pedro is a any kind of role model. A role model for me is a player like Ryan Giggs, Savage is quite simply a gobby wind up merchant and if our youngsters are looking upto him we're ******

Savage has won lots of fans player of the year awards from clubs he's played at. For someone who can't pass a ball, has no skill, he done well in the eyes of others.

He's a millionaire from sheer hard work and effort to make up for lack of skill of a player like Commons.

He trains hard even though he's getting on, and always gives 100% on the pitch, even if it don't get results.

Not a role model? Your having a laugh.

I repeat Savge is NOT a role model and considering its just you, Vicky and Dan with the combined IQ of a doormouse that thinks Savage should stay says it all. Savages sole purpose on a football pitch is to wind the opposition players and fans up and try and badger the ref for free kicks and bookings, after the match he turns into a gobby media whore. Finally he's admitted it himself on several occasions that his legs HAVE gone.

he,s welsh ffs

he,s got girly hair,

and he,s sh1te,

he,s milking the club ,his commitment should be 100% derby if thats not the case then let him **** off and do his media commitments,

if i was the boss he,d be holding hands with conmans on the way to the dole office.

cnuts the pair of them:mad:

Archived