Savage aims to play on with Rams after a change of heart

Day

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only asking a question, no need to get yer thong in a twist. With us trying to reduce the wage bill and get the high earners out and replace them with players that are on a more sensible wage, surely even Clough can see he's got nothing to offer us on the pitch for another 2 seasons.

if Derby give Savage a new contract after this season,they want bloody shooting. you dont " rebuild " as Clough keeps going on about with a 36 year old passenger.

the sooner he leaves the better off Derby will be.

Derby have refused contract extensions to far better players than he will ever be

Good post Fever.

But Sav split his last year ( the last season ) over 2 seasons. So next year he will play/feature for free next season if you like.

He actually only got half pay last year, and the other half this. That would have helped Derby with cash flow.

As much as some hate him, he loves the game, loves the wind up, I love the wind up so he can do no wrong in my book.

Well done Sav.

(I did hate him when he wasn't playing at our club though.)

Did anyone bother reading this ?? well said Boycie (round of applause)

Sav loves the club ! he's said it enough times and it shows - are you lot honestly telling me you won't watch Derby is he stays ? how very sad !! player of the year and yes i voted and funnily enough i wasn't the only one !

If Savage loves Derby County I'll hack my balls off with a rusty and blunt blade. Footballers say they love clubs, kiss the badge all the time, and a small percentage of fans fall for it and I'm glad I'm not one of em.

Did anyone bother reading this ?? well said Boycie (round of applause)

Sav loves the club ! he's said it enough times and it shows - are you lot honestly telling me you won't watch Derby is he stays ? how very sad !! player of the year and yes i voted and funnily enough i wasn't the only one !

Vicky You write with a lot of passion !

Savage was a good player, the question is can he still ( for the money ) deliver more than a young hungry up & coming player who would give his right arm to play for a club like Derby. No one is saying he can't play football, what is being asked is he the best Derby can get in midfield ?

Our Vicky is very passionate.

And she can accomadate.

But Savage has a roll to play in my eyes. He can teach the young lads a good wind up. Like running across either side of the pitch during warm up and bending down in front of his adoring red fans.

tbh savage should have had his arse kicked out when he attacked the radio derby commentator in the interview. Clough is only here because of the surname, the americans had plenty better options but chose clough because people want a fiarytale of father son, he cant manage a team in y opinon and was surprised he wasnt sacked last season tbh, terrible season, the man is uninspiring in his tactics and managment, he signs poor players tbh, we are signing lower league players for 800,000 pounds who were in a struggling league 2 team? and we lost the ssausagehorpe lad because he wouldnt budge on wages, CLOUGH OUT

why does everyone want wham bam success right here right now and crash and burn at the first hurdle, i for one would rather build slowly and get things right throughout the club, not just on the playing field but behind the scenes especially in the financial economy we are in atm.

hasnt it been shown over the last few years that constanttly swopping and changing managers gets you nowhere fast.

think only time will tell if Clough is the right man and yh some of his tactic have been strange but who else could work under the tight constaints he has had too and do a better job

Archived