Subs half time ‘warm up’ not helping the focus?

England Ram

On 17/02/2020 at 20:25, England Ram said:

Before we had Cocu’s comments about Bogle not being focused when he came on I’d already mentioned to my son that both sets of subs were approaching things very differently at half time. 

The Huddersfield subs came on and made an impact, ours took an age to get into the game, if at all. 

The approach we seem to take at half time is a regular occurrence for our subs as well. 

For those who didn’t see, or who miss the half time due to toilet break or food/drinks break, what happened is: 

Huddersfield subs- full warm up program with the trainer, small group ball work With focus, individual training and then warm down/top up. 

Derby subs - Running back and forth across the pitch a bit (possibly part of a warm up), 

Kicking the ball to each other Like they do before the normal warm up before the match, some keepy uppies, crossbar challenge, and generally a bit of a laugh. 

Now, I know life can be too serious sometimes, but mental approach and discipline has a lot to do with success in sport. 

Huddersfield are not the first side to have a set program, more focused than ours. 
Yes, you could argue we’ve got a good home record, but it could be better. 
And if we take the same approach away from home your on the back foot as a sub to influence a game for the better. 

I feel that a much better approach for our subs during half time might help them be more game ready when called upon. 

They’ve got a good 10-15 mins to get their bodies and minds to a level of preparedness that currently I feel they are not utilising properly. 

Would love to hear that question asked at a fans forum and see what the response is 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived