Mourinho Punch Claim

David

Mourinho Punch Claim

1:25pm UK, Thursday March 12, 2009

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho is being investigated by police after an allegation that he punched a fan in Manchester.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed a complaint of common assault had been made following the Champions League tie between the Italian club and Manchester United at Old Trafford.

It has been alleged the former Chelsea manager punched a supporter close to the Inter team bus as he left the stadium following his side's 2-0 defeat.

GMP have contacted Manchester United to request CCTV footage of the area where the incident is said to have happened on Sir Matt Busby Way.

"Shortly before midnight last night a man reported that he had been punched in the face outside Old Trafford," a police statement read.

"We are investigating an allegation of common assault."

Manchester United confirmed they are aware of the allegation.

Mourinho watched his side go out of the Champions League following their defeat.

He had a friendly post-match chat with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson but later came under heavy criticism from the Italian media for failing to take Inter further in the competition.

"If anyone wishes to criticise my team, they will have to fight me," he said in response to hostile questioning after the game.

The plane taking the Inter party back to Milan left Manchester at 12.25am, around half an hour after the complaint was made.

[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Jose-Mourinho-Inter-Milan-Boss-Being-Investigated-By-Police-After-Assault-Allegation-In-Manchester/Article/200903215240046?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_1&lid=ARTICLE_15240046_Jose_Mourinho%3A_Inter_Milan_Boss_Being_Investigated_By_Police_After_Assault_Allegation_In_Manchester]http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/J...n_In_Manchester

I wonder if it was a special punch from the special one?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he tw*tted one of the Man Utd fans who was at PPS a few weeks ago singing about Argentina.

I still love Jose Mourinho. Great to see someone unpredictable who has an arrogant sense of humour rather than an array of cliches and being a red-faced gum-chopping scotsman.

Archived