3 year shirt sponsorship deal with buymobiles.net

Day

Derby County is delighted to announce buymobiles.net as their new shirt sponsors.

The Telecomms experts have signed a three-year deal to have their company logo display on the front of the Rams' shirts in the largest commercial deal in Derby County's history.

buymobiles.net is the largest independently owned web-based mobile phone retailer, with over 470,000 deals including the latest Mobile Phones and top-brand Free Gifts.

Supporters of Derby County will be familiar with buymobiles.net, who first appeared on the back of the club shirts during the 2004/05 play-off matches against Preston North End, and in 2008/09 were the first-ever Season Presenting Sponsor.

This season, they stepped up to sponsor the club's first team, reserve team and backroom staff training kit.

Paul Sisson is the founder and managing director of buymobiles.net and as a life-long Derby County fan he is living a boyhood dream.

He said: "I never dreamed as a boy my company logo would be on the shirt of my team; I am so proud.

"buymobiles.net has been associated with Derby County over the years and we're delighted to be supporting the club in this way.

"I believe this can be a long and successful partnership which can only go from strength to strength."

Derby County's Vice President Commercial Tim Hinchey said: "This is fantastic news for Derby County and I'm delighted that buymobiles.net will appear on our shirts for the next three years.

"Paul Sisson has been a wonderful supporter to Derby County and he is a hugely enthusiastic character who is so proud to be involved with the club.

"Equally, we are just as proud to be working alongside him and buymobiles.net.

"What is so unique about the strategic partnership is the focus on delivering buymobiles.net's effort to give something back to the fans, from free season tickets to other exclusive offers. This sponsorship will deliver for Derby County fans."

buymobiles.net have been heavily involved in Derby's Black & White Forever 2010/11 season ticket campaign, offering great deals to supporters committing themselves for next season.

To coincide with this new announcement, throughout May buymobiles.net will offer anyone who buys a contract mobile phone deal with a FREE Band 'D' season ticket or renewal in May can redeem it for a Band 'C' or 'B' ticket for absolutely no extra cost with buymobiles.net paying the difference.

This is a limited time offer to kick off this great partnership.

Derby County manager Nigel Clough added: "Paul has Derby County running through his veins and like myself he has spent his entire life growing up and living in this community.

"He understands Derby County and to have his support means an awful lot to us."

buymobiles.net replaces Bombardier as shirt sponsors after their two-year shirt sponsorship came to an end.

Derby County's CEO Tom Glick has revealed Bombardier will remain an Official Club Partner and has also moved to thank them for providing a 'world class shirt sponsor' over the past two seasons.

He said: "We would like to pay a huge thanks to Bombardier for their sponsorship over the past two seasons.

"When the club needed a world class brand to be on the shirt the last two years, they stepped up to the plate.

"I would like to personally thank Bombardier's UK Chairman Colin Walton, Communications Director Neil Harvey and all 2,600 employees located here in Derby for supporting the Rams.

"Over 50,000 shirts have been sold during the last two seasons as Bombardier becomes a true legacy with the club.

"The fantastic news is that Bombardier will be maintaining a heavy presence in and around the club for the next three years as an Official Partner, supporting the club's community initiatives and partnering closely with Derby County in the Community."

The "handing over of the torch" of the shirt sponsorship will take place on the Pride Park pitch ahead of Sunday's final Coca-Cola Championship match of the season against Cardiff City.

Neil Harvey will hand over the responsibility as the club's shirt sponsor to Paul Sisson for buymobiles.net and Nigel Clough and Tom Glick for Derby County.

* Pictured above are Nigel Clough, Paul Sisson and Tim Hinchey at Pride Park showing how the buymobiles.net logo will look on next season's shirt on a replica of this season's home shirt.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/eb/d1/0,,10270~8770027,00

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2037801,00.html

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me or does Nigel look like he's thinking "Hurry up so I can get the **** back to doing my job" on all the publicity pictures?

Maybe thats why he is crap at his job, less photos Nige more training

• 4 months later...

Archived