Player of the year

vicky-27

:D

http://i44.tinypic.com/4gkrqd" border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic"></a>

The other awards handed out were:-

Mason Bennett, Academy Player of the Season

Ryan Connolly, Scholar of the Year

Rob Hulse, Top Goalscorer

Robbie Savage, Most Appearances

Jake Buxton, Contribution to the Community

Gordon Guthrie, Special Achievement

Ben Pringle, Young Player of the Year

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was there for this, im still feeling drunk now

i sat next to gary teale, and had mark o'brian on our table

and i tell you now, young mark and all the academy players proper idolise sav.

they were saying he goes out of his way to help anyone out at the club, giving youth team players lifts, offering advice etc... when he accepted his award he did say barker should of won it if hed played the whole season

also during the charity raffle, there was a lot for a holiday for 2 to las vegas 5star and all that crap. me dad was bidding against savage for it. savage won it, and gave it gordon guthrie...it took everyone by suprise and got a standing ovation.

oh gordon also got another standing ovation for his award win.

proper derby hero.

i also think we are in line for a whole new set of fullbacks, judging on what one of the coaching staff told me...

oh also bumped into roger davies talking to savage, both being overly apolagetic to eachother. which was nice

To be fair to Savage he deserves some credit for doing that, and all the help he offers to kids behind the scenes , BUT I don't think that alone should mean he's on the pitch every sodding game and on in the media every bloody day.

I wouldn't have a problem with him having a behind the scenes job, but for the love of god get him of the pitch.

well he did admit he wasnt expecting to play that many games, and he did compliment greeno, for being his legs at times

he may be a muppet in the media, but when you meet him hes actually a genuinly nice guy i wanted to hate him, but he is so respected its hard to dislike him.

i did tell him to get a haircut though daveo, but the cheeky sod just told me to lose some weight! :eek:

well he did admit he wasnt expecting to play that many games, and he did compliment greeno, for being his legs at times

So his legs have gone, just like he said in various interviews and I repeated on here and was told I was talking rubbish.

Sorry but if this club and Nigel has any ambition to push this club further we cannot afford to carry people in the team, Green can't be expected to do the running of two men in games. Use Savage in 1 out of every 3 games if we must.

So his legs have gone, just like he said in various interviews and I repeated on here and was told I was talking rubbish.

Sorry but if this club and Nigel has any ambition to push this club further we cannot afford to carry people in the team, Green can't be expected to do the running of two men in games. Use Savage in 1 out of every 3 games if we must.

true true, i imagine that is the plan 1 in 3 or going on form, i imagine when addison is back he will be moved into midfield a bit more

Addison won't be back before he retires, if we get Tonge back that gives us Tonge, Green, Pearson and Savage to play with in the centre, get Teale, Croft, Martin on the wings. Bugs the hell out of me having to see natural wingers sat on the bench when we have 4 centre midfielders on the pitch.

Archived