Leacock out for rest of the season

Day

DEAN Leacock is set to miss the final four matches of the season with a knee injury.

The Derby County defender suffered ligament damage in the victory over Coventry City and missed yesterday's 3-1 defeat by Ipswich Town at Pride Park Stadium.

"Dean is out for the season. He has opened out his knee and so with pretty much three weeks to go, it is highly unlikely he will play," said manager Nigel Clough.

Leacock's injury leaves Derby short of cover in defence with Jake Buxton and Dean Moxey also in the treatment room.

Nicky Hunt came in for Leacock at right-back against Ipswich and struggled badly.

Hunt, on loan from Bolton Wanderers, had such a poor afternoon that he was taken off nine minutes after half time and midfielder Paul Green filled in as an emergency right-back.

There was late controversy in the Ipswich game when Clough was sent to the stand and Derby finished with 10 men after Stephen Pearson was dismissed for using foul and abusive language.

But Clough was disappointed his team did not add to their points tally as they look to secure safety in the Championship.

Derby are six points above Sheffield Wednesday, who lost at home to Bristol City and now sit third from bottom. Both teams have played 42 games.

Strugglers Crystal Palace beat Preston, Watford drew with West Bromwich Albion and Ssausagehorpe United fell at Swansea City.

"It is still tight down there," said Clough.

"Sheffield Wednesday, Ssausagehorpe and Watford have not won, so we are not too bad.

"We have got four games to get a win or a couple of draws but we should have put it to bed against Ipswich when we had the opportunity to get one point or three.

"Like we have done most of the season, we make it hard for ourselves now in the last few weeks. We missed a big opportunity to get another point or three on the board. That's the biggest disappointment.

"We were five games unbeaten and despite all the warnings before the game – don't concede early, Ipswich score early goals, more early goals than anybody, don't concede early – we conceded after three minutes from a corner.

"That's disappointing."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Rams-defender-Leacock-ruled-rest-season/article-1971711-detail/article.html

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leacocks Career

Fulham 02/03 - Played 1

Fulham 03/04 - Played 4

Coventry 04/05 - Played 15

Fulham 05/06 - Played 7

Derby 06/07 - Played 40

Derby 07/08 - Played 24

Derby 08/09 - Played 12

Derby 09/10 - Played 13

Out of 8 seasons in professional football Leacock has played one full season (allowing for a couple of games out injured), not good enough in my opinion, sell sell sell.

Both have played 8 seasons

Commons

Started 201 games + 67 sub app

Leacock

Started 114 games + 14 sub app

Told you this before Trig, not that you listened, Commons has played twice as many games as Leacock yet Commons is the "conman".

Both have played 8 seasons

Commons

Started 201 games + 67 sub app

Leacock

Started 114 games + 14 sub app

Told you this before Trig, not that you listened, Commons has played twice as many games as Leacock yet Commons is the "conman".

you could get 3 leacocks for fatties wages ,

just look out the 2 of them and tell me who puts more effort in over 90 mins ?

conmans is good no doubt at all, but his inconsistant prescence in the squad does more harm than good.

you could get 3 leacocks for fatties wages ,

just look out the 2 of them and tell me who puts more effort in over 90 mins ?

conmans is good no doubt at all, but his inconsistant prescence in the squad does more harm than good.

How much is Commons on per week, I want facts not guesses

How much is Leacock on per week, I want facts not guesses

Surely inconsistant prescence in the squad applies to Leacock and Davies aswell, or is it simply down to the fact he's from Mansfield and used to play for Forest?

The stats don't lie, both Leacock and Davies spend more time in he treatment room than Commons does, yet it's Commons that gets the abuse.

Personally I think when Commons is not on the pitch we miss him more than we do Leacock and Davies.

If you could pick one out of a fully fit Commons, Leacock or Davies next season that can play every league game, which would you pick? I would guess 99% of Derby fans would say Commons.

Be intrested in peoples views if we do get rid of one of them or both!?! Look at Giles Barnes departure for example.

exactly my thoughts mate just think if we had given him a few more months he could be in our first team now him commons and hulse/porter would be mint

I thought it was good to get rid of barnes, being out of contract in the summer and would of left, why pay for him to get fit and then to bugger off.

he's a commons type player something we desparately miss atm with him in the team i'd imagine we'd have a fair few more points than we have now he is a game changer

Don't think we would of had that this season, he didn't play in the res game agaist us the other day, does anyone know if he playing regular first team yet at WBA? The big difference between Commons and players like Leacock and Barnes is that Kris picks up alot of minor inj while Leacock and Barnes have had alot if major inj. For that reason I would have Commons

Archived