DCFC - End of Term Report

RAMtastic

Bit early for this with four games left, but I reckon I've seen enough this season to make my mind up

Playing Staff: C- A couple of stand out performers (Barker/Bywater) the rest distinctly average.

Manager: D Very poor tactically, plays too many players out of position, not impressed with the constant berating of referees (as seen against Ipswich) this only transfers itself out to the players. Done well to offload the legacy of dross we had but not replaced it with anything special. Prepared to give him benefit of the doubt until this time next year.

Board/Admin: D Well done for reducing the wage bill, but need to spend money in the summer

Fans: B+ For the nearly 30K plus we get week in week out watching a very average team. Would be an A if we could lose the moronic boo boys

Overall: D+ Could do better. I really believe a lot of people will vote with their feet this summer. If we get more than 15,000 plus season ticket this year I will be amazed. Our board need to understand that we are in the entertainment business. How may times this season have you gone home from PP feeling entertained ?? 2 possibly 3 times. There will always be the die hard fans who will renew their ST every year come what may but I also think there will be a lot of people who say sod it and don't bother. The question for the board is Will those people ever come back ??? I suspect there will be a fair number that will not

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what do we want the board to do? splash millions to keep the fans happy?

Leicester City, promoted from League 1, how much did they spend in the summer?

Blackpool, been a average Championship team for a couple of seasons now, finished 16th last season, how much did they spend in the summer?

Doncaster, finished 14th last season, another average Championship team they was, how much did they spend in the summer?

It's not all about how much you spend, it's what you do with it. The Americans have already said that there is money there for the right players, yes the wage bill still has to be reduced but we've got one of the highest wage bills in this league, much higher than the 3 clubs above I suspect.

The buck stops with Clough now, let's see what he's made of. Pearson, O'Driscoll and Holloway have all done a cracking job with small budgets and I now want to see Clough try and emulate these clubs and sign players that want to play for Derby County and not the big name charlies just to please the fans.

The Americans have done nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned at the moment, I'l admit to having the odd dig in the past but that came out of frustration, but when you sit back and look at the bigger picture they are doing a fine job at the moment.

If we are in a similar position by Christmas then I want the Americans to get rid of Clough and bring in a manager like O'Driscoll or Gary Johnson who have League experience and can work with small budgets.

Trouble is imo Clough is out of his depth, no matter who he brings in he will drag them down with his negitive tactics and insistance on playing people out of position.

The only way forward for this club is to get rid of Nigel and his backroom staff or else we will be faced with the same next season.

I'm happy with the americans so far - mostly behind the scenes stuff i know but it means we are stable - i said beginning of the season i would be happy with mid-table which is where i think we will end up - they also said it wasn't a quick fix and probably take 3 seasons for Nigel to get it right - yeah some of his selections/subs/decisions have been baffling at times but with the injuries we have had and the non willingness of some players maybe he hasn't had much choice, if he still gets it wrong next season then is the time to worry.

The problem is though when we had our injuries the players that took to the pitch didnt perform to the best of their ability ,but i brought all the injuries spin. However having had an almost full team for the last 8 games or certainally no more injuries than any other team,has there been an improvement in performance?

Another strange tactic that i at least find is the non league 11 defending a corner ffs,this means if we head or kick it away its straight back at us,even if Bywater catches it he has no release for a while whilst players amble back up the pitch.

It is also funny how players like Moxey,Croft, Hunt,Tonge seem to be going backwards,they came with prem experience or as player of year for previous clubs started fine ,then once our backroom circus got to work went crap.

Hulse a fine striker at this level has look unintrested and gestured at times to the bench this season.

Green some blame the injury but looking at the rest i dont think so.

The top and bottom of it is we are now playing ***** football and the buck stops with Nigel and his team.

P.S I now feel much better

The problem is though when we had our injuries the players that took to the pitch didnt perform to the best of their ability ,but i brought all the injuries spin. However having had an almost full team for the last 8 games or certainally no more injuries than any other team,has there been an improvement in performance?

Another strange tactic that i at least find is the non league 11 defending a corner ffs,this means if we head or kick it away its straight back at us,even if Bywater catches it he has no release for a while whilst players amble back up the pitch.

It is also funny how players like Moxey,Croft, Hunt,Tonge seem to be going backwards,they came with prem experience or as player of year for previous clubs started fine ,then once our backroom circus got to work went crap.

Hulse a fine striker at this level has look unintrested and gestured at times to the bench this season.

Green some blame the injury but looking at the rest i dont think so.

The top and bottom of it is we are now playing ***** football and the buck stops with Nigel and his team.

P.S I now feel much better

Also a lot of injuries have been things which could ahve been avoided, like hamstrings and groins not broken legs or arms. Agree with a lot of what you said the americans need to invest in the summer otherwise they can feck off, they said they want to make us the new aston villa apperntly when they came in and they have failed. They ahve a lack of knoweldge about the game which is startling, clough was a p.r stunt instead of getting somone in with experience im renewing for my 10th seaosn in a row now even though im only 16 will do it end of this month but tbh the board, manager and lack of effort by many players is worrying. Also agree with your comment about players going backwards.

Players - B- - A lot of talent in our team but it has faced misfortune with injuries and having to play bad tactics that clearly aren't working. Kris Commons is our catalyst but he is always injured. If he were 100% fit 100% of the time we would be in the play-off places.

Manager - D+ - It's not working at the moment. There have been some matches where positive tactics have been played with passing stylish play. However most of the time we lack this style and rely on hoofball.

Board - C - They've reduced the debt. It is clear they have no money but they're doing what they can.

Fans - B - They're going to stop going soon and who can blame them?

Overall - C- - There is the foundation of a good fan base, stable ownership and decent players. But we lack the good management the squad needs. Without KC we cannot play disciplined, good tactics like Nigel's father could. Most other teams stay in tact when a player is injured. We, on the other hand, fall apart completely. We need someone experienced in the coaching staff who has authority to make solid decisions and decent tactics consistently, using the talent we have available. So much potential and no end result. It's so frustrating because it's been like this for years. :(

This is where the blame lies imo,if we as fans can see bad tactics and strange decisions how are seasoned pros like, Bywater,Anderson,Savage,Hulse ,Pearson,Tonge,Hunt going to react??

My guess is we are seeing the reaction in the performances we witness.

If clubs like Blackpool,Doncaster and Festa can do it on a limited budget why cant we???

I feel we should have gone for Gary Johnson befor he went to Posh.

tbh i doubt there wll be investment in the summer. All this board do is try to reduce the debt which i think is good but it needs to be balanced with getting a half decent team together which isnt happening. Hulse will go in the summer which will leave us without a goalscorer and tbh i think barker will go as well, how will clough replace these i wonder? i think we need to go down so the fans can wake up and smell the coffee

Why would we sell Hulse and Barker and not replace them?

Clough has already said it would have to be a stupid amount for us to even consider selling Barker, we are also not in the position where we have to sell.

How about we wait until the summer before we start slashing our wrists.

Why would we sell Hulse and Barker and not replace them?

Clough has already said it would have to be a stupid amount for us to even consider selling Barker, we are also not in the position where we have to sell.

How about we wait until the summer before we start slashing our wrists.

they wont replace them because they will claim that they need to clear the debt, tbh i thoguht the co-op bank wrote off a significant amount of debt when gadsby took over, plus he claimed he and his investors got rid of most of the debt remaining, im just wondering does anyone know the figures of debt we are in

Why not wait until the summer instead of playing guessing games, your complaining that Glick hasn't done anything to put the fans minds at ease, yet they have come out and said there is money available for transfer like Barker, you then moan that 900k isn't enough money for a player.

You say we will just get rid of Barker despite this and Hulse as well without replacing them, yet they have already said a list of targets has been drawn up.

I think even if they came out and said we've got £20m to spend you still wouldn't be happy. What if we have got say £5m that Gadsby promised to spend, would you prefer the club to announce how much we've got to spend via the media so that clubs raise the transfer fee, just to please the fans?

It shouldn't matter how much we have or haven't got to spend as long as we get the quality of players we need to start pushing up the league.

I'm not a big beleiver in telling others how much you have to spend.

It's like asking me how much is a rewire, and me asking you how much you want to pay. If you say £5000.00, then I'll do it for you, but reluctantly obviously.

For me it doesnt matter a jot if we have 5mill or 25mill to spend,it wont make any difference.

1- I dont trust nigel to identify the quality we need.

2- If he happens to drop lucky his style/tactics of play will stifle them anyway.

3-He would play them out of position .

Why not wait until the summer instead of playing guessing games, your complaining that Glick hasn't done anything to put the fans minds at ease, yet they have come out and said there is money available for transfer like Barker, you then moan that 900k isn't enough money for a player.

You say we will just get rid of Barker despite this and Hulse as well without replacing them, yet they have already said a list of targets has been drawn up.

I think even if they came out and said we've got £20m to spend you still wouldn't be happy. What if we have got say £5m that Gadsby promised to spend, would you prefer the club to announce how much we've got to spend via the media so that clubs raise the transfer fee, just to please the fans?

It shouldn't matter how much we have or haven't got to spend as long as we get the quality of players we need to start pushing up the league.

tbh i was just asking does anyone know the figures of our actual debt. You didnt answer my concerns

Archived