Taxi for Marriott!

Day

Thought this was terrific. Only just seen it, I need to explain to my girlfriend my love for this man. I promise not to let her, erm,  I mean him, come between us . Oh Jackie. ? Teams are getting more and more scared of the man, he’s getting better by the game. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/11/2018 at 11:07, David said:

I knew that this was going to be one of your classic japes when I saw the title - Yet a part of me tensed up anyway (not naming which) and I died a little inside... Haven't felt this way about one of our players in quite a while (having accepted Hughes would leave after his first 2/3 games...)

On 24/11/2018 at 20:34, irobinson said:

hes a bit Bob Davison, Kevin Wilson  - and maybe a bit Deano, still weighing him up.....

but any of that is good!!!

My Dad keeps using Kevin Hector in the same sentence as Marriott - My Dad's all time favourite player - And follows it up with "And I don't make that comparison lightly..."

Not saying he's as good as Hector - But the stature, tenacity and eye for goal are similar qualities

18 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Thought this was terrific. Only just seen it, I need to explain to my girlfriend my love for this man. I promise not to let her, erm,  I mean him, come between us . Oh Jackie. ? Teams are getting more and more scared of the man, he’s getting better by the game. 

Don't worry about it - It's a love affair between one man and several thousand fans - I'm not ashamed to say I'm happy to share him

Archived