McKenna won't play again this season

Day

Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies has revealed Paul McKenna will not play again this season.

The influential skipper sustained a knee ligament injury against Swansea earlier this month.

The problem proved not to be as serious as first feared and Davies had initially expressed some hope of McKenna returning to action before the end of the campaign.

But now Davies is resigned to be without the midfielder for Forest's remaining six Championship games, as well as the play-offs.

He said: "He is finished. I don't think he will make the play-offs - I think he is done.

"I have known this was a massive blow since he got injured. The last player we could have afforded to lose this season was him.

"I think we could have afforded to lose any other player in the side this season - apart from McKenna.

"That is why it is such a blow. You could see that at Newcastle, because he would have pulled people around."

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2010201,00.html

------------------------------------------------------

Oooooops, now the loan window is closed as well, is this the final nail in the promotion coffin? mwhahahahaha

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived