When Commons is fit

Day

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look of that formation in theory Joe but feel in reality it would be so week in the middle that teams would just overpower us.

This happens to a degree at the moment really. I was surprised when Mile started in the middle on Saturday as personally I would have preferd Toddy to have been in there from the start to give it that bit more back bone. Having said that we won didn't we!

Yeah if Commons went far forward, we would lack midfield depth and Savage would be exposed. Might be better to stick to 4-4-2 with Savage and er, Todd maybe as defensive midfielders. Who could fill Green's role for the rest of the season?

So if we had savage and todd in the middle, Todd as the holding player.

Commons on the right and Tealinhio on the left with porter and hulse up front but the two "wingers" are able to drift a little aswell.

Todd would play as a sweeper in front of the defence to provide that bit more cover and Sav is in peoples faces anyway.

does that sort of make sense?

I don't think we're strong enough in the centre to have 3 up front, Commons isn't likely to track back much and help out to win defend. That's the kind of tactics I'd expect to see from Keegan, score 4 and concede 5.

Originally posted by David;4863

I don't think we're strong enough in the centre to have 3 up front, Commons isn't likely to track back much and help out to win defend. That's the kind of tactics I'd expect to see from Keegan, score 4 and concede 5.

and thats why he failed lol.....

"i would love it if we beat them!"

oh dear, never been the same geordie side since!

can still remember asprilla and temuri ketsbaia knockin goals in for them, what they got now lol

Archived