The Summer

Day

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's worrying when you look at the squad at the moment, I'm not sure even £5m will be enough to get the quality in we need.

We have no backup keeper, I know we have Deeney but I still say we have no backup keeper.

Jay is out of contract at the end of the season leaving us with one left back.

Our only right back is out of frame and out on loan.

We only have 3 centre midfielders, one being 35 years old and retiring next season.

Teale and Croft are both out the picture, Martin can't even get a start leaving us with no wingers that Clough likes.

3 of our 4 strikers are injury prone, we have Varney out on loan who will no doubt be given a free transfer to Wednesday in the summer.

To say our squad is thin would be an understatement, for me we need a goalkeeper, left back, 2 right backs, 2 centre midfielders, 2 left wingers, 2 right wingers and 2 strikers. 'kin ell let's just say we need a whole feckin new squad.

Depends if Common's and Hulse are enticed away as well - i hope not but it's bound to happen, £5 mill is realistic but i can't see them giving us that much unless we sell - they are talking to Tom Glick about it on radio derby tomm night before the game so i wil listen out for it, he might give us some idea at least.

I think

• McEveley
  • Teale
  • Hendrie
  • Deeney
  • Price
  • Varney
  • Connolly (if someone is daft enough to take him)
  • Croft

Will all be gone in the summer; also we will lose our loan players.

With them players gone, these are the players who I think will be good enough for a play-off charge:
    Bywater
    New RB/Leacock/Barker/New LB
    New RM/New CM/New CM/New LM
    Commons
    Hulse
    Subs: New GK/Anderson/Buxton/Green/Savage/Davies/Porter

Other squad players:
    • O'Brien
    • Pringle
    • Mendy
    • Moxey
    • Pearson
    • Atkins
    • etc

IMO we need:

1 QUALITY back-up keeper

2 right backs

1 left back

3 wide players

2 centre mids

1 pacey forward

I'd try to get

[*]Mike Pollitt as back-up GK, he is out of contract at Wigan and has plenty of experience

[*]Bradley Orr from Brizzle City at RB

[*]Jamie Lowry from Chesterfield as back-up RB

[*]Tommy Spurr at LB, maybe offer Varneyais part-ex

[*]Try to get Darren Ambrose from Palace

[*]Adam Hammill from Barnsley

[*]Andrew Surman from Wolves

[*]Get Sunu on season long loan

[*]Sign Michael Tonge on a permanent deal

[*]Ben Watson from Wigan

[*]Gary Hooper from Ssausagehorpe

UP TO £7.5 million with two players on a season long with view to permanent transfers may be needed.

Of course, I doubt any of the above will happen and IMO Clough will only probably get £1-2 mill for transfers and top of money recouped from player sales.

The rumour doing the boards is Mallet is about to invest a large amount in the summer????

Myself only Barker is worth keeping along with Porter as back up striker.

I dont go with the Leacock and Commons are the saviour line.

Leacock is injury prone and just a hoofball merchant.

Commons is a player that will miss half the games every season and go missing in half that he play giving you about 8 decent games a season and 3 good ones.

P.s the only way to improve the squad cheaply this summer would be to get rid of Clough and his crap staff.

i second that mace,good point.

the only money Clough will get this summer is from the sale of players and that means Commons and Hulse

We have to keep ratty ! and Sav (maybe part time tho ) and Barker hhhmm start to struggle a bit after that to be honest, Greeny hasn't been on form for ages and until i saw Hendrie is going out on loan i had forgotten about him - we seem to have a few forgotten men,... what does Nigel do with them ? croft to is out of favour, we should keep Tonge as well.

Not even Ratty? I think he's had a cracking season considering the players he's had in front of him.

No. Good shot stopper but very poor distribution and even worse kicking,imo there is a lot better out there and on a lot less.

Archived