I heard Forest lost again

Day

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy Davies has this to say after yesterday's defeat:

"When you go 20 games undefeated and you go second in the league and you've got the best momentum and you're playing the best football in the division and you come off with a 3-1 result against West Brom on January 8, then, in my opinion, we needed three players," said Davies.

Fact

"Now that's not an excuse, that's a fact. I said then we needed three players.

"Since then we've lost influential club captain (Paul McKenna) and replacing him is a must."

Davies added: "Whatever happened in January was entirely up to the owners of the club. All I could do was recommend and advise and unfortunately things never happened.

"But as a manager I will always do the best I can with what I've got and between now and the end of the season I will work as hard as I can to continue to keep this young team and stay bright, happy and bubbly and positive."

"I always feared March, April and May," Davies continued. "Having been here before and having the experiences I've had I always knew that when you've got momentum, it's important to add to the squad"

Doughty comes on the Wembley pitch having seen Forest promoted, grabs a microphone and walks up to Billy. "Thanks for the promotion, now you can feck off you little Scottish tw@t". That would be the best way to get rid of him, but the Derby fan in me says keep him, Saturday nights entertainment would be sorted for a whole season.

Davies' players struggled badly to cope with Preston's first-half vibrancy and the Forest boss added: "It started in the warm-up.

"Our warm-up was atrocious and having watched that I was concerned because it was sloppy and slack.

"There was no tempo and we just didn't start, but there's no doubt that the home side thoroughly deserved their victory because they competed better than us and won second balls better than us.

Archived