Rolls Royce job cuts

McRamFan

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

To read the papers and listen to the tories, surely this only happens in the public sector. 

That's what the Tories want you to think, so they can use it as an excuse to sell it.  Their mantra is that things only work if you have shareholders to account to, and we should believe them, especially as Carillion is such a shiny example of the private sector...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

That' probably why they treat you so badly.

Sorry, I should have explained it further. Basically, me and a few others met with our union and they still couldn’t convince the company to reverse their decision. The frontline managed to still get their pay rise.... 

Ah I’m just being bitter 

20 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Sorry, I should have explained it further. Basically, me and a few others met with our union and they still couldn’t convince the company to reverse their decision. The frontline managed to still get their pay rise.... 

Ah I’m just being bitter 

Were the office workers in the same union as the lorry drivers or in a different one ?

I ask this because I work in Germany and we have industry-wide unions for both white-collar and blue-collar workers.

The new German unions were set up after the war by British trade unionists such as Walter Citrine and Ernest Bevin after they had been destroyed by the Nazis. They successfully avoided the problems that still beset what's left of Brittish trade unions which are caused by one union supporting one set of workers trying to get the better over an other union supporting a different set of workers (NUR/ASLEF, etc.).

Divide and rule is much more difficult if unions are able to represent all workers in a particular company.

Archived