Player of the Season 09/10

Day

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vote went to Bywater, I think he's done far more for the team than any other player. I've lost count of the games he has pulled top draw saves out the bag, nobody else comes close this season.....in my invalid armchair opinion of course.

do you have the spaz badge(the orange one) displayed on yer chair?

typical council estate trick!

My reply to that would be the same as yours if I was to ask, do you get up early to stick your towel on a deckchair like ze Germans?

• 5 weeks later...

It's time to turn your attentions to who you rate as the Rams' top performer of the 2009/10 season - and pick your winner of the Jack Stamps Trophy.

The last nine months have had provided everyone connected to Derby County with some thrilling moments in a season of Coca-Cola Championship thrills and spills.

Who can forget the thrilling victory over local rivals Nottingham Forest at Pride Park to end the Reds' unbeaten away record.

And, what about the stunning 3-0 hammering of Champions-elect Newcastle United, the 5-3 goal-fest against Preston North End and the early-season defeat of Sheffield Wednesday in convincing fashion at Pride Park.

Now it's over to you to dig deep and pick out your player of the season to see who will succeed Rob Hulse as this year's star man.

There's an extra bonus too as one fan that votes for the winning player will be selected to have their photograph with the winning player pitchside ahead of the final game of the season against Cardiff City.

Simply send your vote via e-mail to webmaster@dcfc.co.uk or write to Player of the Year, Media Department, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL. Please remember to include your name and contact number.

A voting form will also be included in Saturday's matchday programme against Crystal Palace.

All votes must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 22 April 2010.

Now it's time to decide who will join such heroes as Roy McFarland, Kevin Hector, Archie Gemmill, Mark Wright, Steve Howard and countless other favourites in being honoured by the fans.

The winning player will be presented with the trophy ahead of the Rams' final home game of the season, at home to Cardiff City on Sunday 2 May 2010.

Previous Winners

2008-09

Rob Hulse

2007-08

The fans

2006-07

Steve Howard

2005-06

Tommy Smith

2004-05

Inigo Idiakez

2003-04

Youl Mawene

2002-03

Giorgi Kinkladze

2001-02

Danny Higginbotham

2000-01

Chris Riggott

1999-00

Mart Poom

1998-99

Jacob Laursen

1997-98

Francesco Baiano

1996-97

Chris Powell

1995-96

Dean Yates

1994-95

Craig Short

1993-94

Martin Taylor

1992-93

Marco Gabbiadini

1991-92

Ted McMinn

1990-91

Dean Saunders

1989-90

Mark Wright

1988-89

Mark Wright

1987-88

Michael Forsyth

1986-87

Geraint Williams

1985-86

Ross MacLaren

1984-85

Bobby Davison

1983-84

Archie Gemmill

1982-83

Steve Cherry

1981-82

Steve Buckley

1980-81

Roger Jones

1979-80

Steve Buckley

1978-79

Steve Powell

1977-78

David Langan

1976-77

Leighton James

1975-76

Charlie George

1974-75

Peter Daniel

1973-74

Rob Webster

1972-73

Kevin Hector

1971-72

Colin Todd

1970-71

Dave Mackay

1969-70

John O'Hare

1968-69

Roy McFarland

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2023174,00.html

I think at the time the poll went up Buxton came in put in a few decent performances. I always thought the award was for player of the season, not player of half a season, that's why for me it has to be Bywater.

Barker has only really come into the form he is in now over the past couple of months and sideways Sav is only a contender due to the women that know nothing about football.

i cant believe that Youl Mawene and Steve Cherry won it :eek:

i also cant believe that Buxton and Savage have got 5 votes each in our poll

he did have an amazing afro which i think went in his favor. i also have a signed bottle of champagne by him, taken from that seasons player of the year award dinner, a very nice man, well for a french man.

and i wish i hadnt voted for sav, hes been awful since i put my vote in for him bywater or barker, wed of lost a hell of lot more recently without barker

• 3 weeks later...

And the winner is Robbie Savage.

Awards in full:

* ACADEMY PLAYER OF THE YEAR - MASON BENNETT

* SCHOLAR OF THE YEAR - RYAN CONNOLLY

* YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR - BEN PRINGLE

* SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD - GORDON GUTHRIE MBE

* MOST APPEARANCES AWARD - ROBBIE SAVAGE

* CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMMUNITY - JAKE BUXTON

* BRIAN CLOUGH AWARD EMPLOYEE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT TO DCFC - NIGEL WOOD (SAFETY & OPERATIONS MANAGER)

* HIGHEST GOALSCORER - ROB HULSE

* GOAL OF THE SEASON - MICHAEL TONGE

* PLAYER OF THE YEAR - ROBBIE SAVAGE

Archived