Warnock to QPR

Day

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Sports News understands QPR are close to agreeing a compensation deal with Crystal Palace for manager Neil Warnock.

Rangers approached their London rivals' administrators last week to ask for permission to speak to the Eagles boss, who said he would not leave the club unless a financial package was agreed to suit the Selhurst Park outfit.

Mick Harford is currently holding the reins at Loftus Road after being named as their fourth manager in a turbulent season.

Rangers, however, have made no secret of their desire to install Warnock as their new boss.

The 61-year-old has had a difficult 12 months at Selhurst Park, which culminated in the club being placed into administration in January.

A 10-point deduction has left Warnock fighting to keep Palace in the Championship after initially challenging for a play-off place, while star man Victor Moses was sold to Wigan in the transfer window.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5997240,00.html

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Neil Warnock as First Team Manager with immediate effect.

Warnock has today signed a three-and-a-half-year contract at Loftus Road after a compensation agreement was reached with his former club, Crystal Palace FC.

Warnock, who guided Sheffield United to the Premier League in 2006, said: "I am delighted to be joining a club with the history that QPR has.

"As a manager, Loftus Road is always a place I loved because of the fantastic atmosphere there.

"Looking from afar I believe this is the perfect time for me to come in, with the new structure and chairman in place.

"Together we can give the club the stability that it needs.

"I am really looking forward to the challenge that's in front of me."

QPR Chairman Ishan Saksena said: "Neil was always our number one target and so we are delighted to announce him as our manager.

"He has great experience in English football and a phenomenal track record. I believe he is the right man to help QPR achieve its ambitions.

"Neil will be given the full support of the Board, and I know our fans will give him their full backing as well."

Caretaker manager Mick Harford and his assistant Tony Coton have stepped down from their respective roles.

Harford said: "I was more than happy to help the club out when they asked me, and I did the best I could during my time in caretaker charge.

"The club needs an experienced manager in order to move forward, and I wish Neil every success.

"He has joined a fantastic football club with brilliant supporters, and I sincerely hope he does well.

"The club is in good hands now with the new structure, Ishan Saksena and Gianni Paladini, and I believe QPR has a very bright future."

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1981307,00.html

Yes I like him too dangerous, he's not a bad sort and sounds very friendly on an interview. Hate the cnut when he's in the opposite dug out.

Bit like a savage situation really.

yep i agree with this, i love him all year except for his two games against derby

he does sometimes moan for the sake of moaning though, which does annoy me but on the whole comes across as a nice chap

Archived