A bizarre Derby County Prem XI.

CumbrianRam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were a fine, fine team in the mid to late nineties. :D

probably due to the fact that we had a manager with 30 years experience and with one of the biggest contact books in English football and was therefore able to get players of quality in like Stimac,Eranio,Baiano,McGrath,Asanovic etc.

although his insistence on playing Darryl Powell every minute of every game used to p*ss me off...

...worst player in a Derby shirt ever and ive seen some ***** players in my time but he's the worst by a long distance,bloody useless he was

Sharrup, I like plenty of players from the last 15 years.

Commons

Seth Johnson

Baiano

Eranio

Stimac

Laursen

C Powell

Wanchope

Dailly

Sturridge

Asanovic

Just a few off the top of the bald patch, most are from the Jim Smith era, but in my lifetime that was a cracking team we had in the Premiership. As a kid I remember the likes of Van der Laan and Gabbiadini although you don't take it in as much as you do when your late teens.

that team when i was a kid was legendary and most of them players are scorched in my memory, alot better than what we have had to watch in previous years. that jim smith team, some great games

3-0 against arsenal, beating united at old trafford, carbonaris header against forest (my first derby forest game) im also adament darryl scored a screamer one game from like 30yards out, the rumors of signing roberto baggio, watching barcelona at pride park, good bloody times!

and you cant hate darryl powell, he really was a football genius, i mean he played in a world cup! hes a hero, and an amazingly nice guy!and the worse player in a derby shirt...anyone remember manel? he was gash

Archived