alternate champions league spot

MrOrdinary

just saw this which is one of a few proposals concerning entry to the champions league, with 4th place going to a playoff between 4th and 7th. its all in a bid to make the premiership a bit more competitive at the top

i think itll be nice but then instead of a big 4 you will have a big 7 competing year after year and the table effectivly becoming 2 leagues 7up, and every one fighting against being relegated

i think the premier league need to sort out finance in football clubs first and foremost before creating another shitty moneyspinning idea which could leave more clubs in a crappy state with more emphasis going on european football

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8516372.stm

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always though the Champions League should just be for...well...err Champions.

Forget second, third and fourth place, forget the groups and knockout stages. Take all the league Champions from across Europe and stick them in a league, play each other twice over the season and the winner is the European Champions.

You canna call it the Champions league if a team who finished 2nd in a league took part, never mind feckin 7th.:rolleyes:

yeah but then they would be champions of the playoffs!

personally i think champions league should be 1st in the league, fa cup winners and league cup winners and for a laugh, johnstone paint champions,

thats 4 champions from england so why not, its just the premier league trying to rake in more tv money

Silly idea. Play-offs are a stupid idea. Clubs compete for 38/42 games to finish in a position. Why should they compete again? It's fairer if the team who finishes 4th is rewarded. Anyway it's just a conspiracy to bail out Liverpool/Arsenal should they go tits up one season so the top 4 always remains the same I reckon.

funny how they always moan about playing too many games aint it?

then they wanted to play a 39th prem game abroad and now this stupid idea.

put all the champions of each country in a bag and pull em out so its a straight knockout competition,like it used to be

• 3 weeks later...

Archived