mido signs £1k a week deal??

derbydan

West Ham United have boosted their attacking options by bringing in three strikers on transfer deadline day. The Premier League strugglers have signed Benni McCarthy, Mido and the Brazilian forward Ilan in a bid to increase their prospects of staying up.

McCarthy has agreed an 18-month deal after leaving Blackburn Rovers for an undisclosed fee, five years after a planned move to West Ham fell through. The 32-year-old South African scored four goals in 16 appearances for Blackburn this season but has spent most of the campaign on the bench.

Both Mido and Ilan have signed loan deals until the summer. Mido has technically joined from Middlesbrough, who hold his permanent contract, although the Egyptian has been playing for Zamalek back in his homeland this season. The 29-year-old Ilan has arrived from St Etienne, with the option of a possible two-year deal.

The West Ham co-owner David Sullivan said that Mido had signed a deal worth £1,000 a week and described it "one of the most amazing of all time".

He added in the Sun: "Mido is a rich boy, even though he is still only 26. He doesn't need the money but he wants to prove something in England. So he is willing to play for £1,000 a week."

Mido told Sky Sports News: "I'm here to prove a point. It is a great club and I'm sure I will do well here."

bloody hell they have some good negotiator down at west ham don't they i'm sure even we could pay that wage lol :D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived