Should clough go if we lose to forest heavily

Leeds Ram

I am just wondering what everyone else thinks, should clough go if we lsoe to forest heavily on saturday or should we give him more time, to me he should go because he hasnt done any good since he arrived and many of his signings have been poor as well as performances

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the axe should fall due to Saturdays result, looking at the league table and form we have no right to beat Forest. However it is a local Derby and form goes out the window, I'm confident the players we have at the club are more than capable of putting in a winning performance on Saturday.

With all the gloating by the scumbags from down the road, I can't feckin wait.

no no no of course he shouldn t go!

he is still in the early stages of rebuilding and should be given time and patience to make us great again, which, given time and patience i m sure he will do

nigel cloughs balmy army...onwards and upwards:)

no no no of course he shouldn t go!

he is still in the early stages of rebuilding and should be given time and patience to make us great again, which, given time and patience i m sure he will do

nigel cloughs balmy army...onwards and upwards:)

To be brutal he has benn given over a year and he hasnt improved anything at the club, if anything he has made it worse tbh, we need somone like steve coppel or curbishley both would want a job here i would imagine, CLOUGH OUT

Problem is both of those managers are looking for Premiership jobs, and by the looks of it quite happy to sit on there arse till they get one.

Look at all the jobs in the Championship that have come and gone, Reading, Preston, Sheff Wednesday. Why would either of them want to come to a club that openly admits it has no cash and looking to lower the wage budget.

New managers like to come in and have cash available to build "there team". I'm not Clough's biggest fan but I dread to think who we would get next if we got rid of him.

IMO sat has no bearing on should he stay or go.

My mind was made up long ago.

This season was all about rebuilding i expected to be around the mid table position with the faintest glimmer of hope about a play off position'a team of young hungry footballers playing nice football to watch.

This is what we was told was the plan.

Instead when you appoint a man on his surname without the ability to either scout young gems or motivate seasoned pros you get relegation and hoofball.

I do not except we have no money card this league is littered with players that have cost little like Charlie Adam(blackpool) Boyd (posh)Burke (cardiff)Anderson (forest) etc etc'

Throw into the mixture a completely crap backroom staff and it was always going to be a disaster.

I ask all the fans that call for stability where would you like that stability in league 1 ???.

At this point in time i do not see what harm a change in manager can do,hell i even prefer the football we was playing under Jewell.

This is a local Derby and it matters to fans, obviously. However we are the under dogs and a win would be a miracle in the condition we currently are.

It would be ridiculous to be calling for Nigel's head if we lose to Forest more so than calling for his head when we lose to Ssausagehorpe or Plymouth.

I really want to see us win but if we do players will have to make a heroic performance.

To be brutal he has benn given over a year and he hasnt improved anything at the club, if anything he has made it worse tbh, we need somone like steve coppel or curbishley both would want a job here i would imagine, CLOUGH OUT

i don t see how he s made it worse. we were in freefall already. what he s doing is steadying the ship. it will take a couple of years of stability and continuity before we see much improvement and please tell me how either of those two would do any better than nigel seeing as they would have no more money than he is being given. why would either of them even want to put themselves in the position nigel is in, especially with the amount of moaning impatient fans that we have

the forest chairman has been bank rolling billy davies all season. nigel has had nowhere near that amount of money to spend. unless of course you think coppell or curbishley would be bringing their own money with them:mad:

i can't see how anyone would think it would be a good idea to yet again get rid of another manager who has had no money to spend and had to cut out the crap and deal with what others have left him!!!

we will just go round in circles if we do that!! Like others have said, most people, including me unfortunately, are expecting us to lose heavily anyway on saturday and that shouldn't effect cloughs position! i know its a derby and they are special and important, but at the end of the day it is just another fixture in the season to pick up points, why should this game get rid of a manager more than any other!

As a forest fan i have to say that Clough hasn't exactly done the job i expected him to at the start of the season, hell i kind of expected Derby to be pushing at least mid table if not upper. It has been a bad season for you guys so far but i think sacking the manager is a trend that is occuring far too often these days, look at Preston they replaced irvine with Ferguson and have looked worse as a result so far.

Whatever the result i think you should keep him to the end of the seaosn, its too late to begin sacking people and bringing others in, but if relegation DID happen then that would be the right time to reasses.

i don't think that we were ever going to be pushing for upper table no chance! I kind of expected us to finish around where we did last year! I also thik we have had a run of bad luck at the start of the season with injuries and that set us back! We haven't had a settled side most of the season, but the players you expect to perform haven't either!

Its so frustrating because at times we have played decent football and i can see the potential is there to be right up there, but with uncertainty for players as to whther they are going to be chopped from the wage bill or not its testing times!!! The players need to step up to the mark and give the fans what they deserve for their loyalty!!

But I'm afraid i didn't really expect us to do much anyway!!

i pretty much expected us to finish this season about the same as last. i m sure it takes longer than people realise to build a new team properly. it can t be done overnight. even now, half the team is not his and not what he would choose to put out each week. i wish people would get off his back and get behind him properly. it will be a very sad day for derby county if he is not given the time he deserves.

why can t people be more positive and be happy to be solvent, unlike crystal palace, portsmouth, southampton etc...

at the end of the day we are not the big club we used to be but nigel is trying to get it right and even if the worst happens and we get stuffed by forest tomorrow, so what... i would rather do things the way we are doing them than throwing money at it like forest are

i pretty much expected us to finish this season about the same as last. i m sure it takes longer than people realise to build a new team properly. it can t be done overnight. even now, half the team is not his and not what he would choose to put out each week. i wish people would get off his back and get behind him properly. it will be a very sad day for derby county if he is not given the time he deserves.

why can t people be more positive and be happy to be solvent, unlike crystal palace, portsmouth, southampton etc...

at the end of the day we are not the big club we used to be but nigel is trying to get it right and even if the worst happens and we get stuffed by forest tomorrow, so what... i would rather do things the way we are doing them than throwing money at it like forest are

i think Nigel has done well to offload a lot of overseas players so reducing the wage bill,what i think he should do now is have a go at teams attack wise rather than concentrate about keeping goals out,if they get 2 we get 3 kind of attitude,if he keeps the best attacking combination he might get some stability,he mixes things up too much.start with porter and hulse up top and play commons and davies on opposite sides,a bit of flair is required,we are too negative,its no good playing teale he cant tackle and crofts fatter than me:rolleyes:

Archived