Joe loves ... / Joe hates ...

Perky1106

Right, in the style of Robbie Savage's Mirror column, every day I'm going to tell you what I love and what I hate just for your info, because of course you need to know. ;)

27th January 2010

Joe loves: Seeing teams in the big four go out of the cup. Everyone is cynical and says they don't care about the cup but they do! And it's lovely to see their complacency and arrogance cost them.

Joe hates: Cherry VKs. Why do people go near them? They do awful things to one's stomach. Must avoid them.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe hates: Cherry VKs. Why do people go near them? They do awful things to one's stomach. Must avoid them.

you should see what they did to my dance floor, the stuff is like acid, its also impossible to remove it from anything it stains, the colouring in it is fecking strong

Joe loves: Seeing Avatar in 3D again last night. It is truly epic and I cannot wait for the DVD.

I hope you realise and I'm not ruining your dream here, but the DVD will be in 2D, until 3D Blue Ray Players are available, and expect to pay a fortune for one.

I hope you realise and I'm not ruining your dream here, but the DVD will be in 2D, until 3D Blue Ray Players are available, and expect to pay a fortune for one.

Why will you need a 3D dvd player? it's the glassers that do the work, the films just in two off set colours isn't it?

Boycie

I don't want to get all technical n all, but the modern day 3d works on polarised liught rather than colours . The two images are sent on a vertical and horizontal plane and the lenses will filter one of them giving that 3d trick to the brain. :D

Boycie

I don't want to get all technical n all, but the modern day 3d works on polarised liught rather than colours . The two images are sent on a vertical and horizontal plane and the lenses will filter one of them giving that 3d trick to the brain. :D

spot on, or at least thats how i understnd it, i miss the old days of 3d where you could make your own glasses with some quality street wrappers

3d is crap

I wouldn't say it was crap but it's a gimmick that won't catch on, these Blue Ray 3D players and 3D TV's will cost a fortune, who's going to go out and buy a new tv and dvd player for one film in the hope that other film makers go down the 3D route?......the geeks that queue for ipods, iphones and Harry Potter books no doubt.

Sky are pushing plenty of money at it, and a few tv manufacturers are working on three different technologies (the polorised version used in cinemas, left/right oscilation - which needs bulky expensive synchronised glasses, and stupidly expensive glassesless technology like 3dWow from Philips)

The one with most chance of working longterm is the more complicated 3dWow type set-up, because who wants to have to put special glasses on to watch tv... especially in the pub but I think your right it's just a gimmick, especially at the moment with the high cost and low content

Who knows... one day maybe Sky will brainwash everyone into thinking they need it like HD

Sky are pushing plenty of money at it, and a few tv manufacturers are working on three different technologies (the polorised version used in cinemas, left/right oscilation - which needs bulky expensive synchronised glasses, and stupidly expensive glassesless technology like 3dWow from Philips)

The one with most chance of working longterm is the more complicated 3dWow type set-up, because who wants to have to put special glasses on to watch tv... especially in the pub but I think your right it's just a gimmick, especially at the moment with the high cost and low content

Who knows... one day maybe Sky will brainwash everyone into thinking they need it like HD

In the future it is believed they will invent a corneal implant that makes your eyes view in 3D permanently.

Archived