Posh chairman apology to fans

vicky-27

Official statement from chairman Darragh MacAnthony reads as follows;

'I have to apologise to all Posh fans for this season up until now and all the events on and off the field. It has been nothing short of a disaster and I can of course understand their frustrations. I am done with defending the players, previous management, current management and everyone else at the football club top to bottom, Nobody has been good enough this season and we have failed our fans in the worst possible way and this has resulted in us being bottom of the league and heading for League One in a hurry. I promise the fans this will be the last time I speak in the press this season, but some home truths need to be told and as always I like to be honest with the fans and as open as possible.

'DF should never have left'

People need to move on as this was always going to happen and nearly did many times before including when he wanted to speak to other clubs on numerous occasions and I turned it down. I thought a new contract would stop all this in the summer but I was wrong.

'Barry Fry picks the team, I pick the team'

I will say it for the last time as I am tired of this nonsense rumour that keeps coming up, the only person who picks the team is Mark Cooper win or lose and that was same under DF. It is complete madness to suggest anyone else around the club picks the team. Neither me or Barry have been in the dressing room or on the training ground at any time over the last three years and have no desire to be.

'The Referees are rubbish'

No argument from me on this, they are the worst standard of Refs I have ever seen in my life at this level and have given our club nothing for most of the season. Before they try and fine me for those comments, they should review the majority of our games by tape and ask themselves if I am actually right?

'We have had no luck'

We haven't but then again you have to make your own luck and we have enough one on ones missed this season to put us in the top ten.

'I have not put enough money in this season'

There aren't many other Chairmen in the Championship who has broken his back, to back his managers or his club and I have always paid my staff on time and looked after them and I have never put our club at risk of going bust or into administration and never will do.

Truth is that none of this rubbish above matters come kick off as we all expect whichever 11 players are blessed to be chosen to compete for Peterborough United to go out and give it their all, play with passion, endeavour and total commitment to win a football game. The team spirit from the last two years has nearly been destroyed by greed, skullduggery, tapping up and disloyalty from within and this has all occurred over the last 120 days or so, non stop and is eating away at our inner core.

http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10427~1943993,00.html

Wonder if we will get one from smarmy Glick :rolleyes:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived