Sol Campbell

Dangerous

Is suing Portsmouth for £1.7m.Money is owed for image rights etc.

This is why I hate footballers.Pompey are in severe financial trouble.Campbell who is high on the football rich list is kicking the fans in the teeth here.A typical mercenary who is now further alienating himself from fans.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a knob !

Portsmouth's financial woes have increased after the club confirmed they are being sued by Sol Campbell for fees and bonuses their former defender claims he is owed.

Campbell, now at Arsenal, has issued a writ through his lawyers for £1.7million he says he is owed in image rights and bonus payments.

Portsmouth confirmed the receipt of the writ and a club spokesman said: 'The matter is being dealt with by our lawyers.'

The writ comes as Portsmouth prepare to appeal against a High Court judge's decision to dismiss their application to have a winding-up petition from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs struck out.

Don't see what the problem is to be honest, I feel sorry for Portsmouth fans seeing the club in freefall, but if a player is owed money he should be paid it.

If I was owed any money from a past employer, no matter what financial situation they were in I'd want it.

We don't know how long this has been going on for, he could of been asking for this money since he was at the club, now it's been that long he may have decided that taking them to court is the only way of getting the cash.

Thats the thing, how long has he been waiting? ok it's come out in the media today, but I'm sure he hasn't gone straight to court to claim his money back.

Maybe the club has been an arse to him, maybe they refused to pay him ever. Give it a couple of days and I'm sure more will be revealed about this story.

For me this comes back to the FA's doorstep again, they need to do more to stop any foreigner coming across waving his cash and buying a football club then financially ******* them.

Campbells track record stinks though.He promises to sign a new contract at Tottenham then jumps ship to Arsenal when they offered more money.He goes to lowly Notts County for silly money then p1sses off.And now this.The bloke is a disgrace.I hope every fan gives him the abuse he deserves.

He promises to sign a new contract at Tottenham then jumps ship to Arsenal when they offered more money.

Players move clubs, sometimes players join rival clubs, Commons to Derby, Tevez to Man City, thats football and it isn't always for money unless you believe everything thats printed in The Sun. Spurs were hardly doing owt in the Premiership, when he joined Arsenal they won the double in his first season. Hardly jumping ship, just wanted to win things like most footballers and he did that.

The cnut signed a 5 year deal, but wasn't held to it by skint County.

As if he needs image rights money, ugly cnut.

His contract was cancelled by mutual consent, it wasn't long (week or two) after him leaving the new owners were looking to sell the club. They are now looking for investment just to keep Sven at the club, maybe just maybe they knew it was coming and thats why they agreed to cancel his contract as it was best for both parties.

Archived