Apple help

ketteringram

It just works! 

Right, she's apple, I'm not. We were both looking at a site about a place we were going to visit. 

'you can download a handy map here', the here being a link. Now I'm not talking about a map of how to get there, more a sort of guide /diagram, of the place once you're there. So I point this out to her, and suggests she downloads it. But then she says she doesn't know how to do it. What!?! How can you not know that? Surely you just download it, then it will be in your downloads folder, and we can use it when we get there. 

There's no download folder. What do you mean there's no download folder? Where the feck does stuff go, that you've downloaded?? 

So....... I've had a look online, and apparently she's not lying. Now I can sort of see how it works, and even why Apple have it that way, BUT, when you get a pdf on a site for example, how do you get it onto the phone? Tapping it just opens it to view. I suggested 'long Tapping' and maybe it'll suggest that you could save it to ibooks or something. She said that didn't work. 

So in the end, I did it on my phone. Just tapped the link, and it downloaded the pdf into my download folder. 

I even get my payslips each week that way. 

So there must be someone on here, who knows how to do it on an iPhone. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived